↳ Eros Logo

"Welcome to the Eros Dating palace where your love desires come true. xD."

Hi. It has been a while since I have participated in any contest so here I am. 

This is my entry for a contest held by plutointhestars

So I was given the Greek God Eros, and I had to make a logo of a dating site. 

My prompt is Eros: Dating Site and I tweaked it to Eros: Dating Palace to make it sound better.

And here we are:

I'll pm you the link of the original file

Thoughts on this:

As you can tell, I didn't have much creativity for this. After researching a bit about Eros, I came to know that he was generally associated with love, bows and arrows, and a hare. With these things, I couldn't find a way to show it symbolically and instead focused on leaving the logo more text based than symbol based. I tried to put a bit of emphasis on the 'O' by adding a heart and a bow because Eros is usually associated with these things.

So, I concentrated more on the presentation than the technical aspect, hence adding  different shades of color on the text to make it pop out and give it a clean look and unique look. I just played around with colors, shadows, and light here. 

Resources: 
Everything is drawn in photoshop using the pen tool.
The 'Eros' text is drawn and the font for the 'Dating Palace' is Medusa Gothic.

Leave your thoughts. 

Stay magically awesome!