Tethered Minds

Author's Name:

MiniMoxx

Reviewer:

sky_is_limit

Review Type:

Cover/Blurb, Hook

Cover/Blurb Review:

I noticed that this is book two in the series, but can be read as a standalone. So, I did check out book one.

Is the cover interesting? Yes. I would say that it's quite simple with just the couple to represent the main characters, but I never feel that romance novels need intricate covers. And with the red string placed to represent the tether, I think you've covered all elements. I do think that it would grab readers attention and bring them to at least take a look at the blurb. Your title is also readable for me personally. Depending on who's reading, they may or may not have trouble reading that font. But I personally love it! Past that, your name at the bottom is also easy to read. As a side note, I like how you relate book two's cover to book one. Since it's a series, that makes sense, but I thought I'd mention it.

Now onto the blurb. For me, the blurb is okay. It's not bad whatsoever, but I do feel like it's just a little lackluster. I feel like to really pull readers in and draw their attention, maybe a little more emphasis can be put on them meeting. It definitely doesn't have to give spoilers, but I would love to see more attention on the last paragraph if that makes sense, more on what they will eventually mean to each other. I feel like the two individual paragraphs for Eden and Atlas can even be combined into one because they say similar things for both; they got their tattoos, but focus on work.

So, the blurb tells us about the story, but I don't feel it's particularly attention grabbing. As a reader, it doesn't make me go "gotta read now!"

Hook Review:

I want to start by saying that I've read your writing before and I always enjoy what I read.

Starting with chapter 00. (prologue), I'm already hooked. I think you've done well in that sense because a lot of times, prologues can be somewhat difficult to write. I've also heard that some readers completely skip the very beginning and move right to chapter one.

I thoroughly enjoyed the MC's personality presented. I think her reacting in a comical way made the prologue enjoyable as well as giving us a good idea of her character. Past that, your start felt like a perfect length to me; it wasn't as long as a regular chapter, and not short enough to just take it out. Well done.

I actually very much enjoy that chapter one starts with Atlas' point of view. For me, personally, I very much enjoy reading from a male's perspective rather than always a female's. As I read, the information presented doesn't feel like too much to be an info dump. Instead, I actually very much like how you've made Atlas's father someone who works closely on the topic of Fated Pairs because it helps all of that flow much more naturally. One thing I did notice is the constant repeat of words in one paragraph. Like when Atlas was talking about the tether, I believe it was written three times in one paragraph, when I personally felt like a synonym could've been thrown in between there. It happens a bit in the prologue as well. Other than that, I do feel we're off to a really good start!

By the end of chapter two, I can fully say that I'm engaged in the story. You do well in attention grabbing with both the plot presented and the characters you've written. I enjoy the prospect of the unexpected bond between a man who's thirty and already living his life, and a girl who's eighteen and barely just started her life. I think it'll be very interesting to see what possible struggles may arise since they're from two different generations. Without a doubt, your writing is very hooking and it'll definitely make readers want to continue until they've finished the whole book. I saw some grammar mistakes, but nothing to really take away from the quality of writing overall.

If I had to rate your hook, I'd give it a full 10. I mean it when I say that I did enjoy reading. Now, I genuinely want to experience all of your writing.

 Now, I genuinely want to experience all of your writing