𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘀𝗶𝘅

[

[ . . . ]

ON THE SIXTH DAY, SUNGHOON FELT MORE STRESSED THAN EVER. The thought of leaving her could almost bring him to panic. To know that she was going to be alone in the cruel world, without him to hold her when she was scared, without him to protect her, without him to dry her tears when she cried. He couldn't leave her like that ( not that he had a choice ). And while death did not seem too bad for him, the moment he realised he was going to leave her, it all fell apart. 

Sitting down on his porch, Sunghoon ran his hands over his face. 

She was nowhere in sight, and that was his fault. Not feeling all right, he had told her to leave him alone, his voice harsh and mean, a tone she did not deserve to be spoken in. She had flinched and taken a step back, not used to his tone. He did not want her to be used to such a tone. He had sworn to never lash out at her, but the stress got the best of him. 

The flower he had taken had wilted and Sunghoon could not care less. 

Silently cursing at himself for treating her that way.

No one knew how to hurt her as he did, and he had abused such power. The raw feeling of disgust overcame him. Not at her, but at himself. 

And when she sat down beside him, he felt like breaking into tears. Every emotion that had run away from him came crashing into him. Slowly, she wrapped her arms around him, forgiving him for shouting at her. Her chin rested on the top of his head, holding him as close as possible. She understood the stress and pain he was going through; she always did. And somehow, Sunghoon despised that. He did not want her to understand her pain, for her understanding meant that she had to some degree, experienced something similar.

'I'm sorry.'

She smiled at him, just like she always did. 

'You're okay.'

Her words, albeit not many, caused his heart to squeeze. To love her was painfully pleasing. Deep down, he knew she could've chosen someone who would treat her the way she deserved. Someone who could smile with her. Never once, had she seen Sunghoon smile. She deserved happiness and joy while Sunghoon brought the opposite.

And despite all of that, she did not want someone who could treat her better, she wanted him. 

[ . . . ]