Chapter 169

Hermione starts crying,"I'll go with you" but Harry quickly shit her down.

"No,kill the snake" he orders,"then it's just him"

When Harry finishes his sentence, Hermione wraps his body in between her arms and I can hear she's trying hold back the heartbreak she truly feels.

Ron stands motionless beside me. Harry hugs her back as his eyes goes from mine yo Ron's. Harry let's Hermione go and I'm left standing with the two of them as Harry walks down the once happy stairs.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°

I peer through the leaves and watch as Bellatrix bows to Voldemort. "Bitch" I say under my breath and my note she made on my thigh starts to sting. I'd like to take revenge but I'm here for a different reason. I have a pla. Sort of.

I don't know what I'm going to do but Harry won't die tonight. I squeeze the note I hold in my left hand,just in case.

I get goosebumps as the cold wind moves through the small hairs on my bare arms. I look back up as I hear leaves crackling and gasps. Harry emerges from the dense forest into the opening.

"Harry? No! What are you doing here?" Hagrid yells at him,as though he was still the young boy on the train. Hagrid is shushed as I observe every death eater and the devil himself for my chance.

"Harry Potter. The boy who lived come to die," the evil voice speaks softly. I see the snake slither closely and Voldemort lifting his wand. This is my chance otherwise... it's to late.

I run towards Harry and as I come up behind him,I push the note into his jean pocket. I jump infront of him and push him away,he falls to the ground and I lift my wand as the green stroke of light rushes towards me. As I yell the killing curse I realise I'm to late. I close my eyes and mind off,ready to absorb every ounce of pain,but there is nothing. I feel my body fall to ground as though I have no energy but I still hear another killing curse being executed and a body thudding by my side. I keep still and I hear all the voices around me.

Voices echo in my ears and I realise just how familiar the voices are. I think of my mom and I hear her voice softly whispered into my ear,"Always"

I feel like I've heard that words a thousand times but I know I haven't. I feel breathing in front of me and slow footsteps closing in on me. I survived. I successfully absorbed the killing curse. But did it save Harry?

"Dead" I hear a woman's voice. And my heart breaks into a billion pieces, impossible to be remedied.

My body lifts into the air and I hear Hagrid's grunts beside me, I'm assuming picking up a very dead Harry...

I hear footsteps approach from all directions and the slithering of Nagini.

My body drops to the ground and I feel every piece of rubble below me. I try not to move or make a sound as something pierces the skin on my cheek.

"Harry Potter..." Voldemort starts to yell,"is dead!"

I hear Ginny cry out and Voldemort silencing her immediately. She's quiet instantly. I feel everyone's eyes on me even though mine are shut tight,not wanting to break out of my seemingly dead state just yet.

"Stupid girl. Harry Potter is dead" Voldemort carries on,"from this day forth,you out your faith...in me"

I hear the murmurs but can't understand what their saying.

"Harry Potter is dead!" He yells again.