Chapter 2 The Shining Beacon

April 7th, xx16

Gathering on the aircraft platforms across Vale, were the future students of Beacon Academy. Numerous ships descended from the clouds, the wind dispersing as they touched the ground. Their bays slowly opened, ramps extending and allowing themselves to be boarded. Among the hundreds of students were two teenagers who were quite out of place. . .

Moon: This still doesn't feel real.

Ruby: I get what you mean. . .

Well, get used to it because it is real!

The siblings were pulled into a bone crushing hug, ribs cracking and lungs contracting! Moon's soul left his body, eyes blanking in shock.

Ruby: D-D-Dying. . .

The moment they were released, they felt the air rush back into the bodies at a rapid pace while hefty laughter filled their ears.

Yang Xiao-Long

The Yellow Dragon grinned and proudly pat her little siblings on the back

Yang: We're all going to Beacon Together, it's a literal dream come true!

Ruby: Why. . . are you like this?!

Yang: Hey, let me be proud! Hey everyone-!

Both siblings slammed their hands over her mouth!

Moon: Do not draw attention to us.

Yang: But-!

Moon: *eyes narrow* Need I remind you what happened the last time we fought.

Yang: Oh, it's like that then! It was a spar-

Moon: -That I won without a scratch.

Yang: You little-!

Ruby: OKAY! On the ship everyone!

The Red Reaper laughed nervously as she began to drag them along. Moon and Yang eyed one another, frowning and 'hmph'ing as they averted their gazes. That fight of theirs was quite the comedic spectacle, one Ruby wished never happened. The fallout was not pretty.

———————————————————————