𝟏𝟎| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐬

CHAPTER TEN:

THE STREET RATS

THE SUN WAS hiding behind the clouds, the bright yellow star being covered in the darkness, refusing for it to give the civilians of Agrabah light like they always wanted

THE SUN WAS hiding behind the clouds, the bright yellow star being covered in the darkness, refusing for it to give the civilians of Agrabah light like they always wanted. It was as if everything went back to normal as Jasmin found himself shouting Hakim's name, getting the guards grips off of his arms as he spins around.

The guards that were closing the doors stopped, leaving them open as Hakim looked at the prince. Ignoring Jafar's orders of taking the prince away, Hakim holds up his hand to shut him up, motioning for the guards to step away from Jasmin as the said prince kept his eyes on the guard.

"You were just a boy when your father came to work the grounds." Jasmin announces, stepping down the steps. "But you have risen up to become our most trusted soldier. As a man, I know you to be both loyal and just. But now you have to choose. Duty isn't always honor. Our greatest challenge isn't speaking up against our enemies... but defying those whose approval we seek the most. Jafar is not worthy of your admiration nor your sacrifice."

"I wish nothing but glory for the kingdom of Agrabah." Jafar speaks up.

Jasmin shakes his head, glaring at him. "No. You seek glory for yourself. And you would win it off the backs of my people! Hakim, these men, they will follow where you lead but it's up to you. Will you stand silent while Jafar destroys our beloved kingdom or will you do what is right... and stand with the people of Agrabah?"

Everyone kept their eyes on Hakim as they waited to see what he'd do. Y/n could see the anger of Jafar's face when Hakim placed his fist against his chest, bowing at the prince in front of him and not the new sultan, also bowing at Jasmin's father.

Slowly, Hakim turned to Jafar, yelling out to his fellow guards to arrest the man as the man's parrot flew by them, swerving Rajah's swipe of his paw as the tiger let out a growl. His crazy eyes on the guard that he felt betrayed him, Jafar raises his hands that held the lamp, slowly beginning to rub it.

Y/n couldn't help but clench her jaw. To her, it was clear to her that Jafar couldn't fight his own battles and always needed someone else to do it for him. And in this case, it was a magic genie. Jafar was the kind of person to not work for what he wanted, what he thought he deserved even if he didn't.

He was the one to take, take it from someone else that had worked for what they wanted. And if someone disobeyed his wishes, he would do something to them that no other person would ever think to do.

"So, this is how it will be. Not even the title of sultan will wake the herd from their sleep. I should've known." Jafar states as the genie leaves the lamp. "If you won't bow before a sultan, you will cower before a sorcerer. Genie! I wish to become the most powerful sorcerer there is!"