Dances of Lily Pattigrue

Author's Name:

authorsueawad

Reviewer:

raelynlayn

Review Type:

Hook and Blurb

Blurb Review:

This first sentence... instantly caught my attention. It's so strong. The rest of this blurb sounds super interesting as well! I love the concept you introduce here, and I'm curious to read this story. I have gotten so many questions by this blurb I now want to have answered by the story. Only, the third sentence (the one starting with: Her Aunt...) is a bit too long in my opinion, I had to read it twice to understand well what you wanted to say here, so maybe you can look at that one. Also, the questions at the end, I already made them up before reading it, so maybe you don't need to have that in here too. For the rest this is a great blurb, with the right amount of information the reader needs, and it makes the reader curious to this story, at least that's what it makes me.

Hook Review:

First, the prologue. I love this one! It really fits as a prologue, and it explains really well what happened, twenty years before the 'actual' story starts. You describe everything well, and I felt like I was just there alongside the characters. Also, the emotions came over great too. And dragons, I love dragons. I'm so glad you put them in. Then, chapter one. I love the setting the story starts in, but there are a few things I don't understand. Why is she calling her uncle 'papa' and her aunt 'aunt'? I mean, he isn't her dad, right? Since he married her aunt. Also, I'm curious about the story of Lily's parents. Why did they leave their child here? Where are they now? I expect you will explain that somewhere later on in the story, but it creates good questions in the reader's mind which makes them want to read further. In the second chapter you describe the fighting in such a good way! I could easily follow it all, and the characters are described great as well. I'm curious what will happen next after this cliffhanger (I actually already read it, since I couldn't wait to find out), and what's with this Alexander boy. You start this story off great, and I believe it will only become better. Your writing style is so great, with impressive descriptions and realistic dialogues. Here and there a few small mistakes, but overall, a great story that was easy to follow. Also, I love the dragon, and the conversations Lily has with her dragon, it adds something fun to the story. These first chapters seriously got me hooked to read more about this story (and I probably will read further, I just need to know what all will happen next).