𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐓𝐖𝐎

*3 weeks later*

"How u feeling?" Keon asked grabbing my plate and putting it into the sink. He had cooked me some breakfast this morning.

It was pancakes, sausage, and eggs with cut up strawberries on the side.

"Good, I lowkey feel like I'm healing fa real" I said drinking some orange juice.

"That's good" he said hesitantly, it felt like he was nervous about something but I didn't know what.

"What's wrong wit u" I asked getting up wincing a little out of pain

"Nun, just tired. I'm finna take a nap" he said going upstairs dismissing the conversation before I could even respond.

I knew that something was wrong, he just wasn't telling me. He'd been acting like this for a while now, but I never acknowledged it considering it was already enough going on, I didn't wanna bring on extra issues.

He made it very clear that's he's taking the blame for what happened to me, no matter what I say he's still sticking to it. His stubbornness gets highly aggravating at times.

Even though it's not really possible to forget, I really wish I could just forget about what happened, it's like that shit scarred me for life.

I've had nightmares damn near every damn day, of course Keon was there— but it's still scary to feel like I'm reliving that exact moment every night.

Almost felt like sleep paralysis at times— but that'd be a stretch.

"Whatever" I mumbled going to the kitchen to put my cup in the sink.

"Aye come hea" Keon yelled from upstairs.

"Yeah" I said walking in seeing he was on the phone with someone.

"Hea somebody wanna talk to you" he said passing me the phone for me to see it was his mama.

"Heyy" I said grabbing it putting it to my ear exiting out the room

"Heyy baby, how you doing?" She asked

"I'm doing good, how you been? It's been a minute since we talked." I said pacing around

"I'm doing good, I been meaning to check on you again. I been a little busy but I'm glad to hear you doing good. How Keon been? Cause no matter how much I ask all he say is 'I'm good Ma' which I know is a lie."

"Uhm he's been a lil off.. he been acting a lil hostile more than usual and he tends to be a little controlling more at times but I can understand that part. But yeah I think he's still processing the whole situation" I said honestly. I didn't wanna tell her the part about him blaming hisself cause I didn't know how he'd feel about it.

"Yeah that sounds like him, I just don't want him to take out his emotions on you cause trust me he will if you let him. But he cares about you a whole lot and I think he's a little shook up, so don't be too hard on em" she chuckled making me blush a little.

"Okay I got you, he has his moments but I've gotten used to them so I'll be good."

"I'm glad to hear that, but you keep healing baby take your time. Talk to you later" she said and hung up.

"What was she talking bout" he asked as I brought him the phone back.

"Nun of yo business"