Are You Sure This is The Right Target?

Twilight x CriminalReader

Word count: 1037

No One's Pov

"Twilight? Did you locate the target?" a female voice echoed through the 6'1 tall blond's ears. Sweat poured down from his pale face as he picked up the pace.

"Hai, I see Ms. L/n ahead." Twilight replied and a soft hum echoed through his ear. He needed to take care of this mission as fast as possible. He needed to be back 'home' to help his so called daughter Anya with her studies. In one sift motion Twilight slid down the ladder and walked into the streets.

The sun burned his eyes and Twilight pulled the brim of his brown fedora over his ocean orbs. He stuffed his gloved hands into his pant pockets. Gliding across the street with ease not to draw too much attention. Of course this was easy for Twilight, he was a top ranked intel special agent. Receiving badges of achievement for his achievements. Perfect score and always carried out his mission. Making it seem like his victims died by a tragic accident.

So how could this mission be any different? It wouldn't be any different Twilight thought as he pushed open the glass doors. I bell echoed through the small library. It was very organized and nothing was out of place. No books in the 'returns', not even a spec of dust laid on top the shelves.

'odd?' Twilight thought but, given F/n L/n background it makes sense. Clacking heels danced across the wooden floorboards. The sound echoed through the whole shop until it suddenly stopped.

"Is there anything I can help you with sir?" A (height) woman stood in front of the male seemingly out of breathe.

"Yes, if you could please help me in finding a text? It's for my daughter." Twilight said and the woman nodded.

"Yes, of course! My name is F/n L/n, I am the manager of the shop. Do you know that name or subject of the text you are looking for?"

"U-uh yes, it should be-" Twilight stumbled as he reached for his pocket purposefully to trigger a reaction from the woman. But, she stood there and waited patiently.

"Aha! Here it is! I had to write it down. My memory these days are getting worse by the minute!" Twilight said while cracking a joke making F/n chuckle.

"You and me both mister."

"Please call me Loid." Twilight smiled and began to get into character. His new identity being Loid Forger, a wealthy widow left to take care of his daughter Anya Forger.

"Right, pleasure to meet you Loid." F/n holds out her hand and they shook hands. F/n peered at the small sticky note and hummed. Of course 'Loid' was on edge, he had to be ready to jump into combat at any time. Making sure to keep his hands near his hidden weapons.

"Algebra With Ease by Linda Lee. We just got those in. Good thing you are stopping in before school begins. You wouldn't believe how many angry parents we have to deal with complaining about lack of stock." F/n nervously laughed and Twilight let out a shaky laugh.

He watched as F/n lead him deeper into the store. It was awfully quiet then again it was a library. For all he knew Ms. L/n could turn out to be one of those stingy librarians and that would have been awful. Instantly yelling at his brain for not focusing on the task. Why did it matter so much? She was a criminal. A black market dealer who orders human organs at low prices. How and why was she even doing such a thing in the first place. It simply made no sense!

"Aaah, here we are!" F/n exclaimed pulling the agent out of his own thoughts. F/n turns and hands 'Loid' the book. He carefully flips through the pages and hums in acknowledgement.

"This is perfect Ms. L/n, I appreciate your help today." 'Loid' smiled and F/n smiled and gave a short nod.

"No worries! That's my job after all and please call me F/n. It's only fair Loid." F/n winked and motioned him toward the cash register. 'Was she flirting?' Twilight thought and shook his head. Twilight slowly plopped the book onto the hard countertop and watched F/n ring up the item. He bore into her like a hawk watching its prey. His mind was going a mile a minute. Did she not realize who he was? Is she just-

"Loid? Are you alright?" F/n said with concern and pulled the male out his thoughts. Twilight blinked his eyes a couple times. He brought his right hand to his head and ran his slender fingers through his short blond locks.

"Ah yes, sorry. You seem odd." Twilight blurted out.

"What the hell are you doing Twilight?" the same feminine voice from before shouted.

"Excuse me?" F/n replied and crossed her arms. But, kept her calm. Twilight slammed both hands onto the check out counter.

"You need to come clean right now. I know about your deals on the blackmarket."

"TWILIGHT! THIS IS AGAINST THE AGENCIES POLICIES!!"

Twilight turned off his earpiece and mic. Slowly watching as F/n face darkened and her body shook.

"Fine, yes I did it. But, Its not what you think! Those organs are getting sold to nearby hospitals. They are for people who are in need of organs. People on the bottoms of the organ transplant list or even people who can't afford it! People deserve a chance to live and have a normal life! I know it is wrong! I really do! But, after what happened to my sister. I couldn't let that ever happen again!" F/n cried and Twilight froze in his tracks.

Yes it was terribly illegal to buy and sell organs on the web. But, it was for the right reasons, right? Why was he questioning himself once more? It was such an easy choice. A yes or no answer. What was right and what was wrong and clearly this was wrong!

"Well, you have two options Ms. L/n. One I take you in and you pay for your crimes."

Twilight paused and F/n looked up at him and rubbed her puffy burning eyes.

"And the Second option?"

"Be my wife."

"WHAAAAAATTTT?!?"