Vol 1: Chapter 4: Koenji Rokusuke

"Rokusuke, you should learn to be your own man, surpass me and become the greater man I know you can be." Ahh, this was an old memory, I was about 4 years old.

"But father, I want to be just like you." I've always wanted to be like him, his unpredictability was the thing that truly made him the man he was.

"No Rokusuke, you must become better than me." He always told me that.

"Then I'll become the perfect human, someone who can take you down!" I declared to him. That was the start to my fulfilled life. Ever since then I've studied my mind to perfection, I have the knowledge of nearly a lifetime in my brain. Then my body I carved it to the best of my ability, I learned many forms of meditation to unlock more of my brain and was in tune with my body on a spiritual level.

I learned every necessary martial art and kept good care of myself. "Rokusuke! I'm tired of your stupid actions, do you want to drag this family down!" He still resented me.

"No, father I-" I was around 13 here, this time I had decided not to go to an arranged marriage proposal.

"No excuses! When will you fix that act of yours!" I hated getting shouted at by the person I looked up to the most. All I wanted to do is get his praise, yet no matter how hard I worked myself he would get mad.

"Your father he's in critical condition!" My mother cried, I was hugging her while she cried her eyes out into my chest. Over the years she was the only one who supported me, she cared for me and gave me lots of love. I loved my mother to bits, so to see her crying over my father made me hate him.

"It's because he's weak! He never accepted me since he knew I was far above him! Hahahahahaha! I'm truly perfect!" I laughed. This was just before the entrance exams for ANHS and I had just turned 15.

"Rokusuke! Don't you ever talk about your father like that again!" She had pushed herself away from me. The only person I had trust in chose him over me. "Rokusuke *sniff* I think it's time you go to school. I've applied you to a top school in Tokyo, I expect you to take their entrance *sniff* exam soon." I felt betrayed.

"Mother why! I see no need for it, I'm perfect as you can see!" I retaliated.

"Are you disobeying your mother? Rokusuke, you are far from perfect. You need to go to this school and interact with regular people your age!" This infuriated me.

"They're below me, why do I have to socialize with such mongrels?" I was in complete shock.

"And this is why you'll never be better than your father!" When I heard this I took this as a direct challenge.

"So if I attend this school I'll become better than my father?" I was desperate. My whole life I spent chasing that man.

"Yes, Rokusuke." And that's all I needed to hear. What she didn't tell me is that I would need to interact with these mongrels.

To be completely honest, there are some interesting people here but none of them seem to be superior to me. None of them hold a candle to that man.

(4.2)

The group was upstairs and wanted stuff from the convenience store so we played Rock Paper Scissors to see who would have to go get the food. Like a fool, I lost, so I was forced to get food.

I made my way over to the convenience store and bought all of our stuff. I was about to leave till I saw Horikita and her brother walk past the convenience store. I decided to be nosy and check what was going on so I hid my presence and watched from around the corner.

"Why are you at this school?" Manabu said, pressing Suzune up against the wall.

"I-I came to show you how far I've come." She seems a little out of it. From the looks of things, she loves her brother but he can't reciprocate that feeling.