Chapter 26

It's already March and every 3rd-year student is busy with their own personal and school-related problems. Everyone in the class would talk about school work, grades, and the high school they were going into. The Kawata twins had already decided on what High school to go to months ago, it was mostly Souya who looked up which school would suit them best and Nahoya just went along with it without much thought since for him it didn't matter where it is as long as he's with Souya.

Nahoya stayed up all night trying to finish the school works he procrastinated to do and now he's currently sleeping in class while using a book to cover himself, pretending to read.

You glanced back and forth at the teacher in front and the delinquent who boldly took a nap during class hours, a sigh escaped your lips, and thought about how his habits never changed. You already guessed what happened, and so you let him sleep instead of waking him up.

A couple of minutes passed and the bell rang, indicating that lunch break started, after the teacher left you poked your seatmate and said "Uh hey, class is over and it's already lunch break, you should eat" You saw that he didn't eat during recess so you were worried he'd skipped lunch too. You kept poking his soft cheeks until you finally got a reaction out of him, but just when you thought he's gonna get up, he merely groaned and swatted your hand away.

Your worry was replaced by annoyance, a displeased smile was plastered on your face as you thought of what to do next. Usually, you'd smack his head to wake him up but that was before you had this stupid crush on him, since then you've been more aware and careful of your actions towards him. Seeing as how he won't wake up anytime soon, you figured to just tell Souya and let him handle this.

After having a small conversation with Souya, you quickly left the classroom and went to the cafeteria.

༺❀༻

Nahoya later woke up with a soda and sandwich on his desk. He looked at Souya, who has been trying to wake him up much earlier, sitting in the empty seat next to him while eating his bento.

"You're finally up big bro, here you can have half of my bento since you left yours at home" Souya eagerly gave his bento to his drowsy brother, Nahoya accepted it and thanked him as he looked at the soda and sandwich in his desk. But before he could ask Souya who gave those to him, he excused himself, saying he needed to talk to one of their teachers.

After hearing his stomach rumbling, he immediately ate what was left in the bento. Earlier this morning he forgot to take his bento due to the fact that he woke up late and was in a hurry. Despite having eaten half of Souya's bento, he was still a bit hungry cause he didn't eat during recess, he stared at the soda and sandwich on his desk. A smirk painted his face as he thought that it could only be from one of his admirers in class.

How did they know I left my lunch at home?  They even know what type of sandwich I like

He thought while eating and mumbled "hmmm...Is this from my stalker?"

Kiyo, the nerdy guy who sat next to him said "Ah, those are from y/n, I saw her place it in your desk along with a small piece of paper"

"paper?" Nahoya glanced at his desk and then to the floor to see a small paper underneath his table. As soon as he picked it up he read the writings in it You're welcome. Now you owe me one:)

He crumpled the paper in his hand while a blush painted his cheeks "tsk...the hell? I didn't ask for shit" he grumbled and kept the note in his pockets. When you get back he's gonna give you a piece of his fuckin' mind, that he doesn't owe you shit nor did he want your pity food—

༺❀༻

As soon as you entered the classroom along with your friends, your eyes instantly looked for Nahoya. Seeing him still sleeping at his desk, you frowned. After saying goodbye to your friends, you headed to your seat and stared at the sleeping boy next to you. You looked around for the food you bought for him and saw that it was gone.

"Hey Kiyo, did someone take the food I bought for Hoya?"

Kiyo flinched and avoided your eyes "No, he ate it all...Don't worry" replied then he gingerly held up the book he was reading, to cover his face which has a weird expression right now.

You titled your head and wondered what happened but just shrugged it off. Thankfully Nahoya ate lunch and won't starve for the rest of the school hours. You sat down in your chair and grabbed your extra notebook, checking if there was anything else you needed to do during lunch. Since there isn't, you just sketched and doodled in your notebook, waiting for the bell.

Nahoya, who was pretendi—trying to sleep, felt your gaze on him as he heard the faint sound of your pencil and the occasional tapping on the notebook. It seems like you're drawing him again, which made it hard for him to move since he didn't wanna interrupt you, but it was also hard for him to sleep knowing that you were staring at him.

He hoped the bell would ring soon so he can get out of this uncomfortable situation, lucky for him it rang after a few minutes. He got up, making it look like he woke up because of the bell.

During the afternoon class, you saw Nahoya pass you a small paper that only has a simple  Thanks  written on it.

You glanced at him and saw him looking straight at the whiteboard in front, concentrating on the lesson while his ears are red. You giggle and thought that he can be quite cute... sometimes.

While some things did change between you two, some things also remained. You looked outside the window and thought about how much you're gonna miss it here. Your classmates, friends, and especially him. You've already finalized your decision on the high school that you want and you're confident you have a decent chance of getting in since you have been preparing for this for quite a long time now.

Maybe it was for the best that things ended up this way, so you can focus on your academics, graduate, and help out your parents. Aside from your brother, there are also your grandparents who have been getting sick frequently and need a lot of medicine. You sigh and shook your head pushing away your thoughts and worries for the future, instead you should be focusing on the present which you're suppose to attentively listen to the class.

IM BACK! from the hiatus, sorry for the wait

I know I've been dragging on the "graduation is near" ahaha but seriously it's gonna be in next chapter already. I just wanted to write one more fluffy school days scenario before heading on a big plot point.

Also about the new cover...I'm honestly not satisfied with it, haha I'm not really good at making covers and editing. I might change it after I finish the story though.

Please don't forget to comment and vote! I hope you enjoyed reading it!