23| Feelings

My eyes squeeze shut as light hits my face

My eyes squeeze shut as light hits my face. When I go to move back, I can't. I open my eyes slowly, letting out a hiss at how bright it is.

Looking down, I see London in deep sleep. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. Her leg was draped over me and her head rested on my chest as she hugged my torso.

I think my heart is going to explode.

I can't help but smile. I couldn't even take my eyes off of her. There was a small freckle under her eyebrow. Pushing the black hair that had fallen onto her face behind her ear, causing her nose to scrunch up in the most cutest way.

My heart is beating so fast. I think it's beating at an unhealthy rate. Maybe I should go to the doctor.

You're an idiot.

I would say otherwise.

London's hold on my torso tightened slightly as she buried her face into my chest. It felt like there was electricity shooting through my veins.

"Are you just going to keep staring at me, pretty boy?" I could feel my cheeks immediately heat up.
She caught me staring? Her eyes weren't even open.

Her eyes fluttered open. The light from the open curtain only makes her eyes look an even brighter shade of honey.

I go to get up, but she doesn't budge. "Please don't." She said as her eyes closed again. A bright smile formed on her lips. The smile that can make my heart race just from seeing it. "I can hear your heartbeat." She said, against my chest.

"I make you so nervous." She laughed to herself. "That or you need to go to the doctor and get checked." A smile makes its way to my lips.

Looking over at the clock that is sitting on my nightstand. I sighed, seeing that it was already 1:23 pm. Luckily, it was the weekend; otherwise, my grandfather would have sent a nurse to see if I was alright. I feel bad for having to wake up London last night all because of a spider.

It's not my fault that those eight-legged creatures scare me. All four eyes are just staring at you. Like no, just no. I can't handle them.

But on the other hand, I would call her again just so I could wake up and see her. "You're blushing." Her voice brought me out of my thoughts.

"N-no I'm not." I rushed out in a panic, only causing her to laugh. She rarely laughs, but when she does, it is so effortless and angelic.

And her smile. It could light up any room. But I've realized she only laughs and smiles when she's around me. It makes me want to know what she is thinking when I'm not around.