21: Upside down. {end of season 1}

Y/n's pov

"Nancy? Jonathan?" Mike called out.

"They're gone, Michael." I said.

"Where are they?!?" Mike asked, frustration coating his face.

"They're probably sucking face somewhere." Dustin said, making me pull a face of disgust at the thought of my sister and Will's brother making out.

"No. No way!" Mike argued.

"Well did they go with the chief?" Dustin asked.

"I don't know." Mike said.

"No." El said softly.

Mike turned to her.

"What? Did you see them? Do you know where they went?" Mike asked her.

"Yes." El said.

"Where?" Lucas asked.

"Demogorgon." El replied quietly.

Shit.

Everyone went quiet.

"...what?" Lucas asked in shock.

El stared at Lucas.

"Demogorgon." El said slowly, as if she was talking to a baby.

"This is crazy! We-we can't just wait around!" Mike yelled suddenly.

"Uh, in case you haven't noticed, Michael, we're fugitives now. We don't have a choice." I explained.

"Yeah, the bad men are still looking for us." Lucas agreed.

"El can find them-" Mike started.

"Mike, look at her. I think we should stick to the chief's plan." Dustin cut him off, mid sentence.

"I second that." Lucas agreed.

"And I third it." I smiled.

"Exactly, we stay here. Keep El out of sight, and keep her safe. that's the most important thing right now, remember? Besides, Nancy's okay. She's with Jonathan." Lucas reassured us.

Dustin stood up and started to walk away.

"Where are you going? What happened to staying here?" I asked him.

"I am, I'm just gonna go get some chocolate pudding!" He called to me over his shoulder. "Lunch Lady Phyllis hoards that shit!"

Lucas sighed and grabbed my hands, pulling me to my feet.

"Mike! Y/n!! I found the chocolate pudding!!" Dustin called from the school kitchen.

Lucas and I rolled our eyes and smiled at each other as we walked to the kitchen together.

"Okay!" Mike yelled out in annoyance.

It was common knowledge that chocolate pudding was without a doubt Dustin's favourite snack.

El and Mike walked into the cafeteria and sat down at a table, while I ran into the kitchen, nearly knocking over Lucas, who just laughed at me.

"I knew she was hoarding it. Knew it." Dustin grabbed armfuls of pudding. "Always lying, saying she's out. Bald-faced liar."

"Spoons, spoons... now if I was an old lunch lady, where would I put the plastic spoons." I thought out loud.