Chapter 15

"Excellent work, everyone. Phase Two of the exam will occur here, in the Biska Forest Park. So, I shall take my leave. Best of luck to all of you." The examiner said before walking off. I turn back to see the metal door opening, showing off a bunch of cooking stations. I quickly get back to Gon, and wait for the next phase to start.

"Will all applicants who passed the First Phase please enter?" A woman asked, allowing everyone to enter the outdoor kitchen.

"Welcome. I'm Menchi, the Second Phase examiner." The female examiner said. "And I'm Buhara, the other examiner." The male examiner added.

A weird sound was heard, causing everyone to look around, myself included. "Wh-what was that sound?" Someone asked.

"You must be hungry." The female examiner said. Wait that guy made that sound? "I'm starving." The male examiner replied.

"There you have it. Phase Two will involve cooking!" The female examiner said, directing her attention back to us.

"Cooking?" A bald guy asks

"We're here to take the Hunter exam!" Another guy yelled.

"That's quite right. Your challenge for the Second Phase is to produce a dish that will satisfy our palate." The female examiner answered.

"Why do we have to cook?!" Someone yelled. I swear their idiots. It's obviously because they're gourmet hunters.

"That's because we are Gourmet Hunters." The female explained. See.

"Huh? Man what a let down." The guy from earlier said. What do you even mean by that? This could be the hardest challenge, unless you all know how to cook..

"They're Gourmet Hunters..."

"So, Gourmet Hunters, what are we supposed to make?" Someone asked mockingly.

"Buhara?" "The required ingredient is pork." The male examiner replied.

"Pork? As in pig meat?" No as in cow meat, of course it's pig meat! "You're free to use meat from any species of Biska forest pigs. You must use the cooking facilities here to prepare the pork." The male explained. "And you only pass if we both find it delicious." He added.

"And we will evaluate more than just the taste. Don't underestimate the intricacies of cooking. Got it?" The female examiner said. "When we've both eaten our fill, the exam will end." She said before being interrupted.

"We get it, we get it. Let's just start." The same rude guy from earlier interrupts.

"Then, the exam's Second Phase begins now!" The male examiner said, causing everyone to run out of the outdoor kitchen.

"Free to use meat from any species of pigs? You have a real nasty streak." The female examiner said.

"Menchi not everyone's gone yet." The male examiner said, gesturing towards me.

"Oh. Do you need help kid?" Menchi asks me.

"No. I don't know how to cook, so I'm just gonna fail the exam." I say while going to sit against a wall.

"You should be more positive, you could have a natural talent!" The male examiner said, probably trying to get me to at least attempt to cook something.