Chapter 4

Rosaline Gray POV

A shiver runs through my spine when I hear a male raspy voice. A voice that a demon uses to lure his victims.

The deep voice which dares you to commit a sin. Which uproot your darkest desires and fantasies. Wrenches your heart, tenses every muscle present in your body.

F*** get a grip Rose...

" Hi Mr. Kinn, it's really an honor to meet you in person." I hear Mrs. Williams purr in her slurry tone.

" It's a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Williams. Please have a seat." Shit. Now I wonder what he looks like in person.

Like hell, I will ever get a chance to meet him.

" ...Would you like a drink or something? "

" No thank you, Mr. Kinn. I learnt you requested my name for the project. "

" Do you have your portfolio, Mrs. Williams?"

" Yes. Yes. "

I hear the sound of flipping pages, for minutes. The dead silent ambience makes me restless and nervous. Weird. Even though I'm not present, my gut feels ill.

" Hmm well to be frank Mrs. Williams your many previous projects are so-so, but your last four projects are...fabulous. I wonder how you got these sudden out of the box ideas from."

What the...

Mr. Kinn's sharp edge voice rattled me, almost making my phone slip from my fingers. A bead of sweat trailed down my neck by his question, even though he was talking to Mrs. Williams.

His calloused voice gave me chills, as if he could see through me, my secrets.

Wait, does he know?

No. It's impossible. Mr. Reed being the CEO himself, never knew about it, then why would a person we met for the first time discover it? Highly impossible.

I must be delusional.

" I umm...I.." I could feel Mrs. Williams shutter. Of course anyone would. I bet his presence and personality must be devilish and predatory.

The devil that descends directly to kill its target.

" What are you nervous for, Mrs. Williams? I'm glad at least it's late than nevertheless. You have no idea how much I anticipated the person who designed 'The Ritz-Carlton' . That's my favourite project you have worked on, Mrs. Williams. "

He chimed, but to me rather sounding welcoming, it seemed darker and grim. Or it's just me who's imagining things since his guards give me mafia vibes.

I don't know, his tone is affecting me way too much. I feel lightheaded.

" Haha, it's my favourite too Mr. Kinn. " She leaves a cracked nervous laugh. I could estimate by her tone, she sensed the danger too.

Mr. Kinn must be a hazardously manipulative and a dangerous man.

I don't want to work here, please let's go Mrs. Williams

"Are you sure you are okay, Mrs. Williams? How about I get you a glass of water? " He said, surprisingly in a worried tone, perplexing me by his sudden mood change.

" Yes, please." Mrs. Williams croaks.

I look around, as my throat feels dry and itchy too. But all I see is posh people walking around. The guard who escorted me, still present. His eyes eerily trained on me.