Chapter 48: Avery Kristoff

Avery Kristoff's POV

After travelling for almost 8 hours we stopped in front of a tall and strong wall at the very top of a mountain. The journey was so smooth that some of us slept like a log in the car. Alex, the young leader seems to know how to use her team's ability to an extent that even i won't think of. From the girl who can ask the birds to look for the best route with few zombies, up to the little boy who seems to know everything and can see where there are mutants around are incredible.

Along the way, Alex and her team were able to collect almost ten thousands of purple crytals and a hundred of blue ones. The little boy  knows which zombies has crystals in their head, and that cold girl,  who can use blood can use her ability to create hundreds of threads which she used, to collect those crystals from the zombie's brains. Collecting those crystals by hands are very tedious and disgusting.
And their leader, Alex can store anything in her space like she's shopping. Although I'm amazed about the team fighting and offensive skills, for us who were starved for a whole year, watching Alex, picked up tens of thousands of foods in her space make us almost crazy.

Everyone knows that the most important survival resources during apocalypse are food, water and medicines. And there is Alex, collecting those supplies in just a wave of her hands! I can only imagine how many foods she has in her space now.

Alex still has a good heart, leaving a few supplies for the survivors. If she cleared everything, then those survivors can only cry blood.

I sighed and looked up the tall wall with mixed emotions.

Outside the wall there are few people guarding it fully armed with guns, bullets and knives in their waist or thighs. These firearms are more scarce than food. And here, these teenagers are equipt luxuriously.

they are looking at us with vigilance like they are ready to attack us any moment.

We can't blame them, we are a hundred armed strangers in front of their base.

Alex hopped out of the car with a big and bright smile in her face.

"Boss, you are back!" Their bodies relaxed and greeted Alex warmly.

"Yes, how's the base?" She asked back.

"No problem Boss. The foot of the mountain was already surrounded by temporary barbed wires. We will start cleaning up some scattered zombies in the mountain. The next construction can start in just a week. Miss Paris also confirmed that she can assist the wall construction as long as the materials are ready"

I looked at her with curiousity. Construction?

"Very good! The materials are not a problem. I got a lof of them. Shortened the clean up in 2 days. X squad will help you"

"T-Two days? Boss, there's no problem killing those zombies but locating each one of them is impossible in 2 days" He said awkwardly.

Alex just laugh and said "Billy's ability will greatly help you. I'll let you talk to him later"

He agreed and smile "Ok, Boss!"

Billy? That kid.

My eyes sweep the crowd and saw the kid at the back. He is sitting at hood of the car with his eyes closed. He is just like a normal cute and innocent looking child in my eyes, until i saw him shooting those zombies flawlessly.

What ability does that Kid has?

My heart sank when i saw him opened his eyes and directly looked back at me like he knows i'm looking at him. He gave me a smile giving me chills.