chapter 43

Unknown regions

"Get ready. They're about to enter the system." The commander says as the entire group of ships gets ready for the arrival of this unknown fleet.

Moments later an armada of ships enter the system right in front them. There were various types of ships that they had never seen before, so they knew they were dealing with an unknown faction. The only logical reason for their arrival like this was because they might of seen them as hostiles or they were getting closer to one of their planets and might of been for security reasons.

The ships didn't outright attack them which was a good thing, but they didn't know if that would last forever. They could destroy their little expeditionary force with just their numbers alone.

"Open a channel with them. We cannot afford an incident with another faction right now."

"If negotiations with them don't succeed. Be prepared to fight for your survival. We don't have the force to deal with them in a fight head to head." The commander says hoping this could be dealt with peacefully.

As one of his officers tries to start communications with the unknown fleet. The commander looks at the fleet carefully. This was supposed to be just a simple scouting mission. They knew their enemies hadn't explored the unknown regions because of the dangerous environments that they held. But now that an advanced civilization was actually living here the entire time. A few theories was already going through his head about who these people were.

Once the officer starts communications with the fleet. A blue female wearing the attire of a what looks like fleet admiral was seen on screen. The most chilling part about her appearance was her red eyes that seemed to pierce right through his soul. It was like looking into the eyes of a demon.

"I am commander Samuel of the Terran expeditionary force. I apologize in advance if we entered your territory. We didn't think anyone lived beyond this region." He says hoping she wouldn't take this the wrong way if they did enter their territory.

The woman looks at the commander for a few seconds before turning her head at another species that looked just like her. It was another female, but she looked like a regular officer compared to the one that was up front.

They were talking in a different language that none of them had ever heard before, so they didn't know what they were saying.

While they were busy talking, the commander started to think their may have been a language barrier between them, but the only thing they could do for now, was to be on guard if they tried anything. They didn't know if they were planning something, but they couldn't be trigger happy. After finishing her conversation she looks back at the commander before speaking.

"I am Admiral Ar'alani of the Chiss Defense Fleet. We mean no harm on you unless you bring it upon yourselves for that to happen." She begins as the commander seems to drastically calm down.

"But that doesn't excuse you entering here. Your fleet was able to bypass most of our sensors with some of them not alerting us where you were until you were even closer to our territory. Were you deliberately avoiding them." She says in an authoritative voice.

The commander now understanding their situation now understood that they were only being cautious of them. If something like this was too happen directly on their territory they would have done the same thing.

"Like I said earlier. We didn't know that there was civilization out here." The commander says choosing his words carefully.

"And the reason why you probably didn't find us much faster, was because we don't use hyper lanes like you all do. We use slipspace and we were skipping throughout the region mapping it out for future use." He says.