𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐀𝐍𝐓 𝐂𝐔𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐄𝐒 → 𝐒𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐖

🖤

Deep orange blended into cooling black of the sunset burning to become a rather cold night. The curtains leading to the house where our romantic story takes place gave a slither of late afternoon light into the lounge to the other side of the cozy wall.

(Y/n) felt a similar temperature rising to her chest and cheeks, twiddling with her fingers enveloped in the silky material of her comfortable clothing. She pulled the sleeves down to keep herself busy, biting her lip in the formation of a small smile.

Flashing lights of the television illuminated in a spherical reflection to the carpet below, the voices of whatever played along absentmindedly to the screen becoming one muddled muffle.

It was something that simply cracked the silence for comfort reasons. (Y/n) needed that suppressed sound to calm herself down, the softened touch of her saggy sleeves wrapping around her fingers from the movement of the others for distraction.

But her (e/c) orbs that sparkled with a hint of excitement fluttered closed and back open within a few seconds to portray the tiredness that gnawed away inside. It was like her chest wheezed with exhaustion with each breath, but her stomach couldn't be exploding with any more eager butterflies.

Every feeling contradicted one another, (Y/n) holding in giggles as her eyes leapt from the colourful lights of the television radiating to the carpet to who it was by her toes and back to her anxious fingers buried in silky (f/c) sleeves.

She still couldn't believe it. Although it had been about a month, she couldn't believe it. She couldn't believe that the Shadow the hedgehog was sat by her side, minding his own unbelievably edgy business with the entertainment flashing before his gorgeously crimson eyes through his deep black mobile device that's shade matched that of his quills.

And what she really couldn't believe, is that she was dating Shadow the hedgehog...

It felt like the night was simply going to continue the way it was now, silence that could be awkwardly shattered at any second with the much needed humming of the television to create a crack.

But (Y/n) didn't want that. She knew what she wanted, but was too scared to make the move.

Shadow held the phone casually in one hand and rested his cheek to the knuckles of the other. He seemed to be locked in the zone that the sounds pounding from the cables of earphones sent to his delicate ears.

(Y/n) didn't want to distract him, but also didn't want the evening to remain this constrained.

Her legs that neatly bent below her unfolded ever so slightly so her socked toes gently brushed against Shadow's knee, the incredibly edgy hedgy flinching a little with his crimson orbs locking with hers.

(Y/n) felt herself blushing immediately, just the sight of him and some reaction from him towards her actions causing the array of butterflies in her stomach to erupt in a fit of flapping wings.

Shadow slid the earphone into his grip and innocently kept his eyes locked with his girlfriend's, a small smile crossing her face as she immediately recognised the tune blasting from the cables with the inevitably noticeable deep rock beat and overlapping growls to somehow make out lyrics.

It kept quiet for a while as if Shadow waited for (Y/n) to squeeze out the words her tightened chest kept locked inside. But he could already tell by the sudden movement of her arms to reach out to him what she wanted.

"Cuddle?" She questioned so purely Shadow felt a crack in the ice that usually enveloped his heart, like the innocence of her wording brought warmth and made the coldness melt away.

Shadow chuckled, not helping the ridiculously fast paced beating of (Y/n)'s heart and the deep rose shade to her cheeks.

He knows that makes me go like this!! Whyyyy X( !!

She let the weight of herself pull her down towards Shadow's lap, the irresistible hedgehog allowing a gloved hand to hold her shoulder. He kept the source of darkened music to the side, focusing on the requests of his sleepy girlfriend.

(Y/n) kept a hand interconnected with the fingers of his, the other entangling within the silky fur of his chest. She allowed the very tips to brush against each relaxing tuft, the sensation of Shadow's hand rubbing up and down her arm causing her smile to grow.

She buried her face into his chest, the softness of his fur warming up her cheeks further as she could feel the rise and fall of each perfectly timed breath. She could feel his heartbeat flowing in sync with her own, her (e/c) orbs glinting with enjoyment before slowly closing.

The muffled sounds radiating from the illumination of the television screen kept the silence from taking over. Golden light from the slowly lowering sun tickled the carpet a final time as deep blue dribbled into the sky between the cracks of the curtains.

Shadow kept all his attention to (Y/n), pressing his smirking muzzle into the top of her head and appreciating the scent of freshness her (h/c) hair gave his gently moist nose. She could feel his breath against her head, the warmth from his body that now enveloped hers completely soothing her further.

They both wanted this to last forever. (Y/n) sighed into the sleek comfort of the hedgehog she still couldn't believe to be her boyfriend's chest, letting the approaching darkness of the night and the touch of Shadow's muzzle to her head into the form of a kiss soothe her to sleep.

🖤

Author's Note - you know when you don't feel great in real life so you just write an x reader and pretend that (Y/n) is actually you being cuddled by Shadow the hedgehog whilst writing it? Yeah, that's where this one kinda came from. Anyway, since school have unexpectedly given me study leave for exams I'll have more time at home to maybe catch up on posting more frequently. Also TYSM FOR 10K READS! 10 thousand! 10,000!!! *faints* 😱😱

🖤