Chapter 35

In the Caretaker's home, Owen noticed that inside it were huge piles of paperwork.

He could smell the scent of various herbs coming from the garden.

It was like he entered a house of medicine.

"Put the lady here." He pointed at the bed.

Owen did as he said. He carefully placed Rina on the soft bed.

"Listen carefully, young man. Death is inevitable and no human can escape from it."

"What you want from me is help. The help to revive a loved one. You simply want a miracle." He added.

"Miracles are predestined. If such thing is destined to happen, then all we can do is wait and rely on fate."

"Are you saying you can't revive her?" Owen anxiously asked.

"Of course. I can't. I'm too far down to do something like that." The old man laughed. "But. Like you said, it is possible with magic."

"Then-!"

"I'm not sure how, but you. You may be able to do it." The Caretaker drank his bottle of wine.

"What?"

"I mean, you're a magician right? I can sense alchemy around you."

"Yes, I am. Please, teach me." Owen knelt in front of him.

"...."

"...."

"Okay, I will. I'm old and am about to go down to my grave so might as well have a bit of fun." The old man smiled.

"Thank you. Really, thank you."

.
.
Three years later...
.
.

Time passed quickly than expected.

Owen still remembered the time when he first brought Rina to the Eastern Country.

And he met the Caretaker who helped him find out Rina's situation.

It's been three years since then.

Owen is already twenty-one and Catherina's nineteenth birthday is approaching the next two days.

"What's eating up her pure mana?"

Currently, Owen is in the North. He built a large residence somewhere in the mountains using magic. The place there is ice-cold and he was staying there for Rina's sake.

The Caretaker taught him how to use magic in medicine but it was only for a short moment.

Everyone is destined to die.

The old man died after two years from a lung and liver disease. And within that year before he died, he taught everything he knew about magic and medicine to Owen.

Owen became his successor and he thanked the old man for that.

But his problem wasn't still solved.

He still couldn't figure out what made Rina like this.

"Filth. It's eating up her pure mana before she died." Owen muttered as he sensed Rina's inner core.

She put Rina's body on an ice bed and it looked like she was only sleeping.

Owen noticed that as three years went by, Rina's body continued to grow. Her body continued to develop.

It was more like she was in a state of coma rather than dead.

Her hair grew longer as years passed by and he never dared to cut it. It was beautiful on her and he could never ruin that picture.

He didn't have any immoral intentions towards her and it will remain that way til she wakes up. He respects her too much to have any intentions like that.