We're both liars

Soon Christmas break was over and the school was filled with kids again. I decided to make my way to the Gryffindor common room since Malfoy hadn't come down yet today. I wouldn't be surprised if he started ignoring me since everyone came back. 

As I was walking I heard footsteps running up behind me. 

"Snape wait up."

I looked back and saw Cedric. 

"Why if it isn't the most handsome Hufflepuff I know."I said smiling at him. 

"Yeah well you know I would say the sexiest but yeah handsome works too."He said hugging me.

"So Diggory, what did you do over break."

"I spent time with my dad,practiced quidditch and thought about a certain Slytherin."He said as he put his arm over my shoulder as he walked with me not even knowing where we were going.

"Would you say they are you favorite Slytherin?"

"Yep."

"I wonder who that could be."I said as we turned the hall down to the Gryiffindor common room. 

"Here's a hint. She's with me right now."He said stopping in front of the door. 

"Thanks Ced. You're my favorite Hufflepuff."

"Aww, I thought I was you're favorite in the whole school."

"That's Neville but you're next no worries."

"I'll take what I can get."He said.

I kissed his cheek and walked into the Gryffindor common room smiling. 

I looked around the room trying to spot Neville. I couldn't find him but I did find the twins.

"Have you guys seen Neville?"I asked.

"Wow George."

"We didn't even get a hello."

"I say we don't tell her."

"You know what Fred I'm going to have to agree."

"Sorry Y/n we can't help."George said grinning at me.

"If you guys don't tell me I'll have to tell my dad it was you who turned his hair bright pink."I bluffed. 

"You wouldn't." Fred said.

"I would." 

"Would she?"George asked looking at his twin.

"Of course I wouldn't."I said looking at the two.

"Well actually Neville didn't come back yet."

"Yeah it was the strangest thing. He wasn't on the train and I didn't see him come in."

"Oh, I'll send him a letter later. I hope he's okay."I said worry written all over my face. 

"Wait before you go Y/n."Fred said grinning at his twin.

"We heard you're number two on Owly."

"And that you spent Christmas with Malfoy."

"Don't worry we won't tell anyone."

"You do seem to be a hot topic in here though."

" Blimey you're right Fred. I hear her name more often then I hear mine."

"What can I say. It's probably my good looks. Most would say I'm very peng. But that's just what I think." I said smugly.

"Not my type but yeah."George said winking at me.