9 - Mysterious Child

Unit 001 speaking: "It will look like this, hum..."

Unit 001 thinking: It will look like this.

Others who are NOT Unit 001 thinking: 'It will look like this.'

Unit 001's mainframe/AI: [It will look like this.]

═════════•°• ⚠ •°•═════════

"Come on, All Might, sir. You need medical attention as well." Another paramedic said, gently pulling the worn-out hero away from the scene. He and the young man were loaded up into different ambulances. They sped away, along with most of the ambulances that had come, getting their patients to the care they needed.

But before they could get anywhere, someone stopped the door of Unit 001's ambulance from being closed.

It was Bakugou.

"You are..." The paramedic knew this child as the one that was kidnapped. They'd all watched the scene where the young man threw him to safety.

"Can I ride with him?" Katsuki asked. The paramedic was unsure, but the older one that was with him pulled Katsuki inside.

"Yeah, kid. I'm sure your friend would want you here. You need to get checked, too." The older man said. Katsuki didn't admit to or deny that Unit 001 was his friend, but it didn't need to be said anyway.

And that was how he ended up riding in the ambulance with Unit 001.

He was silent as they gave him his own check-up. His condition wasn't nearly as severe as Unit 001's condition. Just a bit dehydrated, the obvious strain on his arms, and a few cuts and scrapes. They put him on an IV drip, telling him that his parents had already been contacted on where to pick him up when it finished.

It was a relief that he was fine, that wasn't what was weighing the car down with dread.

The problem was Unit 001.

His body was in such a sorry state, blue blood was dripping slowly onto the floor of the ambulance. His armor had not come back, putting all of the wounds he'd been trying desperately to mend himself on display.

'Tin Can...'

Katsuki could see from a mile away how bad off Unit 001 was. He was this injured, and still came to save him. The boy felt fury and concern almost overwhelm him, but he didn't act on it at all. "Is he going to be okay?" Was all he asked, his voice unusually subdued.

With everything over, his energy was completely shot to hell.

The younger paramedic sighed before answering him, "Imma be honest... Your friend isn't out of the woods. Those wounds are obviously concerning." The paramedic lifted up a tube filled with a familiar, blue liquid. Katsuki's eyes widened at the sight.

'That's...'

"Your friend lost a lot of blood. No, is losing a lot of blood. But when we analyzed it to see if we could find a match for a transfusion, there was nothing. This is the only one of its kind in the world, so unique we aren't even sure we can call it blood. Even if we could get an IV into that hard skin of his, nothing we could put in him would help the lad except this."

The older paramedic sighed this time, "But this was all we could secure on the sight. And while we managed to stabilize him, we need to figure out a way to truly close and mend the wounds before we can even think of replenishing his blood. Damn this kid's quirk...!"

The paramedic sighed as he briefly checked the heart monitor. It was as if to assure himself that the lad was still alive. Slow, weak beats could be seen, but it was proof that the kid was still fighting.