Chapter 5 : After All These Years

“y/n dear, be careful okay?” your dad spoke hesitant. “yes dad I’ll be just fine. Come on teach me!” you said being excited. “so I have trained you like a fire bender. I need you to use your powers, breathe and imagine a sword in your hands made of the fire you bend” your dad instructed.

You start to focus on his words and take a deep breath and focus on your imagination. You try but it just comes out as a normal buff of flame. “ugh dad it isn’t working” you complain. “dear focus on your abilities, connect to the ancient rulers of this nation.” Your dad comforts you which helps you relax.

You close your eyes again and take a deep breath. You instantly connect to your past lives and vision your dad’s kingdom, Taeyang Wang-guk    
You see visions of the earth, your mom’s kingdom. Now you focus on to the sword you wish to create.
Soon enough you open your eyes to see the most powerful looking sword made of fire, flames still sparing, built through the palms of your hands.

“Y/n!!” your parents proudly exclaim looking at what you’ve accomplished. “child, now you have to use that against me” your dad spoke calmly while you disagreed. “trust me y/n, you’ll only get better” he reassured.

You nod and form the sword again and make your way towards your dad who was ready with the same type of sword. As you get closer you land your sword on your dad’s which was held high. As soon your sword made a contact with his, his hands experienced a flow of vibration which caused him to fall hard on the ground.

“dad!!” you yelled in fear. “honey!!” your mom came over to the both of and helped your dad stand up. “d-dad i-I’m so s-sorry i-I didn’t m-ean to h-hurt you” you said sobbing as your dad cupped your cheeks. “honey, dad is so proud of you. You’ll be the best avatar to the Earth as well as the best leader to Taeyang Wang-guk.    

“ look how powerful you are you stood against me!” your dad tried to comfort you as he and your mom hugged you tightly.

“y/n its better if you rest now” your mom said caressing your arms. “mom I think its better if I focus on my earth, air and water bending” you said being fully aware you had responsibility of the earth nation in the coming years. “dear, I want to show something to you before you start with practicing earth” you dad spoke as you frowned and he lead you to the seong temple, the temple.

once in 1,000 years all the planets align together in the most perfect alignment and that was to happen soon in almost 6 months now. Because you were born in this era it made you the most powerful avatar as well as the soon-to-be leader. Those hours of spiritual balance intensified in the Seong temple.

Your dad opens the gates to the temple and all the planets appear in front of the sun which is a powerful sign as it dignifies the sun to be solitaire core of all the planets and the beings in them.

“when I met your mother she was just a normal human being” your dad spoke living you in shock. “what?” you almost screamed. “yes and when she was expecting you that’s when she attained the powers on the land of earth as well as its moon” as your dad explained you were beyond stunned. “but the powers were only to be of the avatar” you pointed out as your dad took out a wooden case in his hands, it was carved with the sign of moon and the elements of earth ; air, water, land, fire and ice.

“yes but according to the ancestors when an avatar is to come on to earth again , the woman carrying the future avatar attains powers so she can protect herself from anyone to tries to harm her” your dad reasoned your question.

He opened the wooded case; your eyes glowed at the sight. There were beautiful stones. The middle one glowed red color and it had the fire mark carved on it. The second glowed dark blue with water sign. Followed by a green glowing stone with a earth sign. This sky blue stone with ice sign was the second last, and the last one was a white stone with air sign on it. They looked beautiful. “What are these dad?” you asked as your gaze shifted over to your father.

“These are the souls of each king of the element who ought to protect the avatar” your dad spoke with a gentle smile as he handed you the wooden case. “What?” you almost whispered. “Meditate and try to connect with them, you’ll get your answers.”

You sit down placing the case in front of you. You take a deep breath and calm yourself concentrating on the energy the stones radiated. Soon enough a white light appeared and you knew you were in some kind of realm.

In the white light you see figures of 5 men and soon they were all visible clear as day. They all looked ethereal and absolutely stunning. They come and sit right across to you.

“Avatar y/n...” the guy dressed in red greeted you by joining one of his fisted arms to the palm of the other hand, rest follow him. You do the same and a curiosity within you wants to shower them with millions of question but of course they are souls and your mother always taught you how to deal with them, the first thing was not to get them tensed.

“But I’m not an avatar yet” you replied to the first thing he had greeted you with. “Your time is close” he replied smiling. “I am Kim Namjoon the king of the fire nation” he said bowing his head a little. “It’s a pleasure to meet you” you replied. “And I am Kim Seokjin, the king of earth bending nation” the guy behind on right shoulder of Namjoon spoke. You then by line met the rest of them.

Apparently, Min Yoongi was the king of air nation; Kim Taehyung ruled the ice nation. And Jung Hoseok was the king of water nation.

"It’s a pleasure to meet all of you" you said smiling after everyone was done introducing their selves. "Your dad wouldn't have said much about us or you don't have any idea why we are here, right?" Namjoon said. "Y-yes but how do you know that?" You said frowning knowing they can't know your thoughts or feelings. "Avatar, you have connected to us, which connect us as one. We would feel all your emotions, all the pain you'd feel." Namjoon cleared your doubt.

“e-everything?” you asked concerned, “yes, avatar” Namjoon confirmed. “But that isn’t fair” you said feeling that this way of the avatar wasn’t correct. “That’s how it’s always been and we agreed to it” he said smiling. “Thank you so much” you said bowing to them. “You’re welcome Avatar” he replied bowing you back. “You can call me y/n” you said trying to get comfortable.

“y/n we have been with you in your past lives” Yoongi of air nation informed. “You have?” you said being stunned. “Yes y/n” Hoseok replied. “What about the future?” you asked in curiosity. “you’re the avatar in this life and that’s why after we lost our lives in the previous life we were turned into bounded souls by our choice in order to offer our after life to protect the future avatar.” Seokjin explained. “By choice? So that means you chose me?” you said being utterly restrained. “Yes, we chose the avatar we want to serve, after every life our souls are questioned about the avatar we want to choose.” Taehyung said. “Why did you choose me?” you asked again in curiosity. Everyone looked at each other smiling and then faced me. “We saw the light inside you” Yoongi said in a calm tone.
“What light?” you asked. “The light of future that you would change the world for good” Namjoon stated smiling. You felt light and happy.

“It’s time for our leave. See you again when you become the avatar” Namjoon said as he and the others slowly faded away.

You open your eyes and smile at the sight. The stones were joined together creating a necklace which meant that the time for you to become an avatar is near.
After a month.

“Dad I’ll miss you” you said crying. “You’ll come back soon once you take care of the earth nation as an avatar” your dad said patting your back as you hugged him tightly.

You had become an avatar and it was the time for you to leave Taeyang Wang-guk. About two days ago you had a vision of the souls telling you to visit the earth as its time for your era to begin. So now you were about to leave Taeyang Wang-guk. You and mom were her spiritually now it was time for you to go back to your physical forms.

After you bid your goodbyes, you transmitted to earth. “After all these years we are back” you mother said with a smile. “Mom how are the people of earth” you asked as you had only been here a couple of times.
“You never know honey, some are kind and humble some are quite the opposite” you mom said giving an awkward smile.

“Aunt Lee” you heard a voice which came from behind you, of the room in the mansion you were in.