Part 15

Sana's P.O.V. 

Later that night, I was on the terrace, hugging my shawl over my body to kill the cold. I was feeling refreshed and happy for no reason and it showed on my face with my smile. "What are you thinking?" Sidharth asked behind me. "Hello to you as well," I said. He smiled and came next to me. "Tell me, what are you thinking?" He asked. "Nothing," I said. "You don't want to tell me?" He asked. "It's not that. I really am thinking about nothing that's why I am so relaxed and calm. Nothing is going on in my mind," I said. "Do you want to know what I am thinking about?" He asked. "If you want to tell me," I said. "I am thinking about Daljeet and Roopa Maasi's stories," he said. "What about them?" I asked. "The concept of marriage has changed so much, hasn't it? They were married off so young and without even meeting the men. Today, that doesn't happen anywhere in this world. Arranged marriages are too orthodox," he said. "Would you ever have an arranged marriage?" I asked. "If I trust the person bringing me the prospective bride," he said. "And, who do you trust?" I asked. "Everyone here, Sharad and..." he said but his words ended. "And?" I asked. "You," he said. I was taken aback. Shaking my head, I said, "I'm sure you're joking, right?" "I'm not joking," he said determined, "I trust you." I frowned at him, confused. I didn't know how to respond. "You hardly even know me," I said looking away. He chuckled saying, "I understand you a bit. From what I have come to know you, I know I can trust you. You only show yourself filled with attitude and this spoilt brat, but I know that deep down inside you, there is a Sana that is compassionate, caring, sensitive and..." He paused and stared at me. "And..." I said. "Lovable," he said. My heart almost skipped a beat. "Sidharth," I said looking back away, "Don't misjudge me. My real self is the one I came here as." 

"No, you're not. You're the person that got angry and felt bad because people left their old parents here. You're the person that volunteered herself to pay extra money for food for everyone. You're that person that craves for love and anywhere you think you get a little, you gravitate there," he said. He read me absolutely correct. I am that person but lying to myself and living my life like before is who I needed to be. Three weeks more in this place cannot allow me to change who I am for when I return home. I will be back to the old Sana once more. "Why are you being so nice to me? I thought you didn't like me?" I said. "You're right, I don't like you," he said. I glared at him. He giggled and said, "I'm just joking. I don't hate you or dislike you. I care for you." "No one has ever said that to me," I said. "Then, get used to it because I can say it a hundred times more. I care for you," he said. "Don't spoil me while I'm here," I said. "I'm not spoiling you. I'm caring for you," he said. "Ok ok," I said, "I'll remember that." I smiled at him. "Good night," I said. "Good night," he said. I left him on the terrace and went to my room. I couldn't stop smiling after talking to him and was feeling completely different. He had a good vibe and it made me feel happy from deep down inside. I wanted to feel this special everyday. 

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

Speaking to Sana gave a lot of satisfaction. I was feeling refreshed and comfortable after our small chat. Our opinions must not match on may different topics but it wasn't hard to talk to her. She was open minded and welcomed any topic of conversation. Many less people have this quality and seeing it in her made me believe that she was not the bad and attitude filled person she portrayed herself to be. She was sensitive and lovable. I looked across to Megha's terrace and went back to when I met her earlier today. She told me that she met Sana in the market and paid extra money for the vegetables because she didn't know how to bargain. She's so cute. 

The next morning, I reached at the home early and everyone were already outside for their morning meditation. I looked around for Sana but she wasn't anywhere. "Who are you looking for?" Roopa Maasi asked. "Sana," I said. I frowned and realised what I said and looked at her smirking at me. "Why are you looking for Sana?" She asked. "Uhh...I..." I said killing time for an excuse. "Good morning doc," Sana said coming to me with a smile. "Good morning," I said. "Sana, Sid was now looking for you," Maasi said. "Why?" She asked. "Why, Sid?" Maasi asked teasing me. I shook my head. "I actually...umm...I found a nice recipe last night and I thought about sharing it with you. Maybe...you can make it some time," I said scratching the back of my neck. "Yeah. Ok. Send it to me," she said. As she turned around to leave, I stopped her asking, "Your...number?" "Oh yes," she said turning back and called out her number while I took it down. "Great, I'll WhatsApp you the recipe," I said smiling. "Nice," she said and left. Maasi kept her smirk and I shook my head at her. I walked away and grabbed the mat beside Sana. "Don't you meditate with Sharad?" She asked. "I am just feeling to sit here today. Why? Is that a problem?" I asked. "No, I'm just surprised that you are being this nice to me," she said. "Should I not be like this?" I asked. "Remain just like this. I like you like this...doc," she said and closed her eyes smiling. I knew that I loved the sound of that and smiled. I sat and looked at her breathing in and out and couldn't seem to look away. After some minutes, she opened her eyes and I quickly looked ahead and closed my eyes nervously. I pretended to be doing meditation and counted from one to ten in my head before I opened back my eyes and looked back to her side but she was gone.