( two ) it's sort of a . . . reserved nickname.

╔═════ ∘◦ ☽ ミ ◦∘ ══════╗

𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓸:"𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊

𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 𝓽𝔀𝓸:
"𝚒𝚝'𝚜 𝚜𝚘𝚛𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 . . .
𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚛𝚟𝚎𝚍 𝚗𝚒𝚌𝚔𝚗𝚊𝚖𝚎."

╚═════ ∘◦ ミ ☾ ◦∘ ══════╝

IT WAS VIRTUALLY the same routine everyday for Mackenzie. Wake up, get dressed, get driven to school by Nancy and Mike, go to cheer practice after school if they had it, go home, eat dinner, go cheer at a game if there was one, and go to sleep. And a main part of her routine was taking a very long time to get to the cafeteria for lunch.

Lunch time at Hawkins High was everyone's favorite part of the day. They could finally sit with their friends and eat, taking a break from all the learning they were doing. However, that's not exactly the reason why Mackenzie liked lunch time. Her favorite part was that the hallways were quiet.

After a while of being in loud classrooms surrounded by people, she often found herself needing some alone time by herself. So after her last class before lunch, she would take the long way to her locker, and after retrieving her things, she would take the long way to the cafeteria.

She liked her routine. However, today it just had to be ruined.

Mackenzie was at her locker like normal. She had just switched out her books from her morning classes to her afternoon classes in her backpack and was just putting her lunch in when she heard the sound of running footsteps mad her turn her head. Her eyes instantly widened upon noticing that it was Mike and Dustin. They seemed dead straight on going to her.

"What the hell are you doing?" Mackenzie demanded, her eyebrows knit in confusion as they skidded to a stop in front of her, breathing heavily. "I was literally about to go to the lunch room—"

"That's false, you would've been there in, like, five minutes because you take a lap around school," Mike stated, still trying to catch his breath. "We need your help, Kenz."

"With what?"

"Eddie told us that we couldn't move the Hellfire Club for Lucas' game, which means that we have to find someone to replace him," Dustin explained, wheezing slightly.

Mackenzie's eyes flickered between the two of them. "And I have to do this, because . . ."

"Well, we were going to ask you to play, but then we remembered—"