Room of Souls*

The Moon Goddess felt sad for her son.

Although he never complained to her, she knew wanted to find love. When she started creating the twin flames, her son expressed interest but never asked for one for himself.

Down there on Earth, her creations referred to the twin flames as mates. Some called them soulmates, but the difference between a soulmate and a twin flame was that the latter was a single soul divided in two, while the former was two completely different souls that matched perfectly.

As he had already been born, he possed a soul that could not be divided. Therefore, the Moon Goddess needed to harvest the best match for him. But it was easier said than done.

She spent a lot of time in the Room of Souls, trying her best to find the perfect soul destined to be her son's mate. All that mattered to her was her son's happiness, and, up until now, she had tried her best for him.

Unfortunately, waiting for the perfect soul to grow was a waiting game. One that she was willing to win.

Her son was perfect, talented, smart, and strong... You name it, every single quality. Therefore, he deserved something just as perfect.

Would there ever be one?

She walked into the room and analyzed the rows of the newly forming souls. The Room of Souls had a hexagon shape with tall walls and an open ceiling that allowed for the drops of light to fall from the stars. Along the walls of the room, there were thousands of floating crystal vases being filled by the liquid starlight.

The made her way to the top, to the empty vases that were barely starting to get drops of light in. There was nothing that required her to intervene so she descended to the level below these, floating around the room. As she made her way down, the vases were more colorful and fuller, sometimes even changing in color, brightness, or shade.

She noticed a new forming soul, its color was hard to figure out as it was constantly changing with each drop of starlight, but somehow it reminded her of her son's soul: bright and colorful.

Was this it?

She'd have to wait and see.

"Still no perfect match?" she heard the teasing voice of her son at the entrance. It was hard to say, but she noticed actual curiosity behind it.

"Maybe," she replied while looking at the soul which continued to change colors. Would this person be good enough for her son? "Maybe not," she finally replied, floating away from the soul, her interest now gone.

The heard the stumps her son's feet made as he walked away from the doorway. She knew she was biased, but her love for her son made her want the very best for him because perfection was all he deserved. She was sure he'd understand why she was taking too long to give him a soulmate.

But what if he didn't like it? What if her choice was the wrong one?

Yes, it was unknown if her decision would bring happiness. However, the waiting game would come to an end.