CHAPTER ONE: THE HELLFIRE CLUB

And then I look around
And you're not there
And every day you say you care
And I'll beware
Secret

TAPES 4

Various knocks at the door, River groaned as she finished lacing her Nike's, getting up and quickly opening it to face her dear older brother.

"Yes, Steve?" Annoyance was laced in her voice, and she watched as he pointed to his watch, raising his eyebrows.

"River. For the last time. We are LATE LETS GO, we're picking Robin up, man!!" Steve rushed the girl who only mocked him in response, throwing her backpack on, along with her extra bag and running out of the door.

"Get the waffles on the counter and eat them, I don't care if I burned them, let's go River." He called out from the front door where he stood as she rushed to grab those as well.

"I'm going. Jesus, Steve." She shook her head, then stuffed one waffle into her mouth as she ran out the door, and into his car.

Her and Robin had always alternated shotgun, and today was Robin's day to ride it.

It didn't take long for them to make it to Robin's place. And it didn't take any longer for Steve to continue, and complain about his love life again.

"And then there's Heidi.. but the problem with Heidi is that she's going out of state for college. So like, do I really wanna start a relationship that has no point other than sex? I mean I- I don't know. Does that make sense to you?" With his hand being pressed against his forehead, Steve went on and on.

He looked to both girls, Robin who was fixing up her mascara, then passing it back to River afterwards. And then there's River, who fixed her socks, gesturing for Robin to help her fluff her hair up, in which she did.

"Um Hello? Guys, are you listening?"

River rolled her eyes quickly and nodded along with Robin who frantically looked to her for help.

"Yes, Steve we are. Date with Heidi or something, now can we pleaseee change out this music." The youngest girl had reached forward from her seat in the middle of the back before she had felt Steve push her hand away.

"Sit back and put your goddamn seatbelt on, River. How many times about the seatbelts?!" Steve glanced back at River who sat in the back. No seatbelt, and she was on the edge of her own seat. She looked away from Steve and back to change the music.

"Well, I just wanna-"

"No!" He had hit her hand away again and she now reached forward one last time for the same thing to be done.

"Oh god, are you shitting me, Steve?"

"Seat. Belt. River."

As the two siblings began to speak over each other more, and to argue more, Robin had put her hands onto her ears, glancing at both in annoyance.

"Stop it, both of you!"

And they had. Both shut up, and looked to her. Only to see her rubbing her face dramatically, and groaning.

The look exchanged from Steve to River was one of slight confusion. River didn't know what was going on, Steve did.

"Steve. You're love life is one of labyrinthine complexity. It is 7 in the morning, we have to go to this stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a corpse!"