𝟐𝟗. the broken group

WHITE FLAG

chapter twenty-nine : the broken group
{ season two - episode eleven }

chapter twenty-nine : the broken group{ season two - episode eleven }

"ARE YOU DONE in there?" Kloe questioned from outside the wooden shed where Randall was held up. Daryl had gone in there and got some answers out of him, but it suddenly went silent, which made Kloe confused.

She jumped back as the shed door burst open, revealing the middle aged man. He nodded at the young woman, who pursed her lips and nodded in reply. "C'mon, let's head back to the others," he said as he shook his bloodied hand, except it wasn't just his blood.

"Right," she knelt down, gripping onto her knife that she had placed down and swiftly sliding it into her sheath.

"Would've thought you'd be one that wouldn't like torture," the Dixon man stated, glancing over at Kloe over his shoulder. She shot her head up to the man, raising her eyebrows at him. She ended up just shrugging in response. She didn't know why she wasn't too bothered about it, but she shrugged it off like everything else.

All she did was push everything aside, it was becoming a bad habit. She couldn't help it. There was so much on her hands at that time that she didn't know exactly what to do with herself. But as long as she had her brother and Glenn by her side, she would be okay.

The pair made their way to the group, who were circled around a fire. The seasons were beginning to change. It was getting a lot colder and barely anyone could wear what they would usually wear, meaning soon they would have to go on a run for clothes.

Kloe had one of Zayn's jackets. It was a little bit oversized for her, but she didn't care. It was warm and that's all that mattered. It was a beige color, one of the colors that Kloe had always adored.

They got closer to the group, and soon everyone's attention landed on the pair. Kloe slid her hands in her pockets and pursed her lips as she grew closer. She was never the one to like attention, it would always make her anxious.

"Boy there's got a gang, thirty men," Daryl came to a stop and flickered his eyes across the group. Kloe stepped over to Maggie and Isabelle, and forced a smile to the two before looking back at Daryl. "They have heavy artillery and they ain't looking to make friends. They roll through here, our boys are dead. And our women, they're gonna- they're gonna wish they were."

"What did you do?" Carol asked with curiosity, her eyes flickering between Daryl and Kloe.

Daryl briefly glanced down at his bloodied up knuckles, "Had a little chat."

Everyone then turned their gazes toward Kloe, wondering why she was there too. She furrowed her eyebrows and raised her hands up in defense, "I did not beat up the man, alright? Definitely not my thing."