When you feel Anxious

Your Pov

Something about today just feels off- or maybe it's just me. Maybe it's because of that talk I had with my father.

I still couldn't shake the thought away, it started to make me worry. It's as if my stomach started twisting into knots, and my heart's pace was faster than a cheetahs.

The bed doesn't feel as comfortable as it usually does, but I chose to lie there as I look up the ceiling. Lie awake while I worry about the most incoherent of ideas.

But, dad said they still haven't come to a final decision. Maybe he'll change his mind and won't accept the offer! But then again- those kinds of huge deals don't come very often.

Biting the inside of my cheek, I started to ponder about all the possible outcomes in this situation. If my dad accepts the offer, we might move again.

I don't want to move! I already found my home here in Paris, here with Luka. I've found tranquility in Paris, i found real friends in Paris.

I'm not planning on moving any time soon, not without a fight anyways.

Dad needs to know how much this place means to me, he needs to hear me out first before he does any drastic decisions.

Man, I sure have an extraordinary talent for torturing myself.

"Y'know- I'm not letting you go without a fight either, right?"

Flabbergast at the sudden voice, I jolted forward. I looked up to see Luka, who was still in his miraculous suit.

He leaned against the architrave of my balcony, a sly smirk plastered on his lips.

"You scared the living daylights out of me, I thought you were a burglar or something." I put a hand to my chest, trying to ease my rapidly beating heart as Luka de-transforms.

"Woman, I am the only one climbing up your balcony every night. Are you still not used to it?" He questioned, coming to lay down beside me in on the bed.

It was already the middle of the night, I couldn't sleep because of the ruckus outside. Shadowmoth doesn't know when to take a break.

My mouth went dry, I couldn't come up with a smarky remarks for my thoughts were filled with all the worst case scenarios I could think of.

"Are you feeling okay?" I immediately shook my head furiously, rolling on my stomach to cover up the frustrated scream that eagerly tries to excape from my mouth.

"I'm fine."

Worrying Luka would make me feel even more anxious, so it's better not to show him my fear. But I completely forgot the fact that Luka is a master at reading faces and atmosphere, so I was immediately caught.

"You are not feeling okay." He stated. A small sigh escaped his lips as he sits upright and patted his lap, urging for me to come.

"Come on, you cute baby. Let me comfort you." I'm not going to decline cuddles, and I like the feel of his warmth around me.

So I silently obeyed, promptly sitting on his lap as I wrap my arms around him.

I find comfort in these little gestures, the way Luka strokes my hair as he whispers sweet nothings into my ear makes me feel at ease.

Nuzzling closer to the crook of his neck, my mind finally clears up. Luka seemed to notice my mood change, so he immediately asked-

"Feeling better now?"

A low grumble escaped my lips as I nod to his question, my thoughts trailing back to ponder about stupid things. "I guess." Was what I could only mutter out.

Sighing, Luka started to cradle me in his arms. Slowly tiling back and forth as he hummed me a soft melody.

I started to hum with him, his intoxicating scent filling my lugs as the warmth of his body fits me snuggly.

The way he tangles his fingertips in my hair, the way he softly reassures and comfort me- This feels heavenly.

After a moment of sweet humming, he finally spoke "You know I'm always going to be here for you, right?"

I inclined my head in agreement, a small smile coming up my lips. "Yeah, I know."

"I'm always here for you, (Y/N). I know you're having a hard time, but I'm not going anywhere."

I nuzzled almost impossibility closer into his hold, listening to the rhythm of his heartbeat as he spoke.

"Whenever you want to talk about it, or if you just want to sit here, I'll be by your side." He said as he gives me a soft kiss on the forehead.

"You're not alone, sweetheart."

After a moment of comfortable silence, he started to press small butterfly kisses on every skin he could reach. Mumbling out a small "I love you." in every peck.

I couldn't help but giggle at his sweet gesture. "I love you too."

Luka chuckled, slowly tucking the lose strands of hair behind my ear. And with an ecstatic tone, he cheered-

"Good girl. Now repeat after me- We can fix this together." Blush started to scatter around my face, the adorable nickname ringing through my ears repeatedly.

"W-we can fix this together." I smiled at him.

-

|BONUS|

"What're you talking about?"

I looked up my dad's confused gaze, his brows furrowed as he takes a sip on his morning cup of coffee.

"I don't want to move! I love it here in Paris, I've made genuine friends and happy memories. Please dad, don't make me go." I pleaded with him.

Dad crossed his arms, his eyes lingering with confusion. "I don't know what your talking about, but I'm not planning on moving."

I could only give my dad the same confused look he was wearing, suddenly I was lost at words. A small sigh escaped dad's lips as he pulls his phone out his pocket.

"My boss gave me a pretty great deal by accident, but then immediately took it back. He was supposed to call another employee— Even if he did gave me a big deal, I'd most likely decline." He then explains.

"I'm tired of moving, and I just started my Miraculous Ladybug merch collection. It'd be a hassle to move them."

"..Oh."

I stood there speechless, feeling stupid and embarrassed. I guess I've been overthinking for nothing then.

-

Waaaahhh now that's a wrap lmao. Sorry this one took so long y'all XD I've been busy reviewing for my finals.

I wanted to finish all my stories asap because when I start the next semester I'll be busy as heck. But I didn't name myself alazyass_ for nothing 😂

I'll dig through the request page and see if I can see some ideas I like.

So, until then folks! 🐳❤️ Baiii