第41章 - Undercover

A/N: To be honest, it was quite fun to read all of your comments about Hiyori's possible death. I apologize for all the stress I put you all through but she's back and she's here to stay...for now.

As for pairings (HiyorixMaki, HiyorixYuta, HiyorixMegumi, HiyorixKazuha, and more), I'm fine with any pairings you choose to make. The only pairing I'll openly support for Hiyori is HiyorixTherapy.

"There's a traitor among us?" Hiyori repeated in confusion, not entirely sure if she had heard what her adoptive father just told her correctly

"There's a traitor among us?" Hiyori repeated in confusion, not entirely sure if she had heard what her adoptive father just told her correctly. Satoru nodded, taking a sip of the juice Hiyori got for him after his journey all the way here from Japan. Hiyori fiddled with her necklace in thought. To think a traitor would appear while she was away from Japan. That was one of the last things she expected to happen but then again a vessel for Ryomen Sukuna was found so anything could happen at this point. She was far more level-headed about this than Yuta whose dark blue eyes were practically bulging out of his sockets.

"W-What?!" Yuta exclaimed in surprise, only calming down a bit when Hiyori took his hand and squeezed it gently. His shoulders relaxed slightly but he was still on edge. He didn't exactly want his girlfriend, who was still recovering from being in a LITERAL COMA and DYING, to return to Japan only to have to deal with something as dangerous as sorcerers who were willingly working with highly intelligent special-grade cursed spirits on top of the King of Curses. She was a very capable sorcerer, he knew that well, but that didn't mean he couldn't be worried for her safety.

"So that's why you're here" Tsuki realized.

"You'll have to keep yourself hidden for a while after you get back. Not even the higher-ups must know." Satoru explained, dramatically wagging his fingers.

"So we can narrow down the suspects list." Hiyori finished for him. Satoru smiled proudly and nodded. His daughter sure was smart.

"How so?" Yuta asked, turning to Hiyori curiously. He didn't understand how not telling anyone would narrow down the suspects list. If no one knew then no one could tell anyone else especially not the cursed spirits. Hiyori leaned her head downwards a little towards Yuta's glass of cold juice. Yuta raised his glass for her to take a sip from his straw. She hummed and sipped the sweet beverage happily.

"It would mean that the traitor has some sort of surveillance method that doesn't require them to be there in person. There's no way they can personally go spy on me since Tsuki would be able to sniff them out immediately" Hiyori explained after she was done drinking. Yuta nodded his head in understanding while taking a quick sip of his drink before he rested it back down on the table.

"A cursed technique...no..but doesn't your innate ability make cursed techniques not work on you unless it's a cursed technique that can somehow survey an area" He murmured, placing a hand over his chin in thought. He had a bad habit of sometimes voicing his thinking aloud whenever he was with Hiyori not that Hiyori minded. She thought it was cute.