Chapter- 3 wedding..

Author's POV

In the blink of an eye, the wedding day came. Karthikeya is waiting for his bride at the mandap, along with his family.

Their wedding is arranged in a temple with only their family members, as Karthikeya demanded.

Other than his parents, no one in his family is willing for this wedding. His grandparents didn't even attend the wedding. His aunt Dhamini and her daughter Rekha are disappointed as his aunt wanted to marry her daughter to him, but Anirudh opposed it.
Anjali, Karthikeya's elder sister, is neutral. She neither likes Megha nor hates her.

(PS: For the people who are asking how can Rekha and Sid can marry, they are cousins...
Hear me out, Here in the Southern part of India, we can marry our cousins. Means mother's brother's son/daughter or father's sister's son/daughter.

The best example for this is Subhadra and Arjuna from Mahabharat. Arjuna is Subhadra's aunt's son too... so they are cousins.)

Soon Megha came to the mandap wearing that simple saree. She just put on simple makeup. Her long silky black hair is tied in a bun, leaving free strands falling on her face, simple but elegant.

But she is walking with her mom?

'Where is her father?' Karthikeya thought, but didn't ask.

She sat on the mandap along with him while the priest started chanting the mantras.

The priest asked her mom to do Kanyadhaan (It's a ritual where the bride's father wash groom's feet and offers his daughter to the groom)

"Isn't it the father who performs kanyadhaan?" Arjun mumbled.

"Mom is not enough?" Megha questioned, taking all the attention from everyone.

"I don't have a father. My mom is my father. She raised me like that, so I think it's ok for her to perform any ritual," she explained.

"Sorry," Arjun muttered and smiled with satisfaction. He already liked her when he met her, but now he is confident that she can change his friend for sure... She is the one, he thought, while Karthikeya raised an eyebrow in amusement.

Dhamini scoffed at Megha, while Rekha was glaring at her.

Soon he tied the knot around her neck and the wedding ceremony was completed after performing all the rituals. Though he was unwilling, he performed all the rituals.

After the wedding, he just walked out, leaving her alone. One after another, all his family was left. Only his parents and Arjun left with her.

After saying goodbye to her mother and Nidhi, Megha went to her in-laws' house with his parents, accompanied by Arjun.
Only her mother and Nidhi attended her marriage from her side, as she didn't have anyone other than them.

"Megha, I am sorry for his behavior," Anirudh said guiltily as they climbed the car.
"Yeah Megha, we are sorry," Yashodha also said.

"No, it's ok. I can understand him," Megha replied softly.

She doesn't have faith in this marriage... She only married him because Anirudh asked her to marry his son. Megha has a close relationship with Anirudh. He is the only one who supported them when her father divorced her mom. He helped them to settle down, and for that she was very thankful to him.

"Hey, don't take his attitude to heart. He is just like that," Arjun talked for his friend. Megha smiled at Arjun appreciating his efforts to defend his friend.

Soon they reached Roy mansion. The mansion looked royal with a beautiful interior, costly furniture, expensive paintings and chandeliers; every edge of the house screamed money.