Chapter- 7 shock

Karthikeya's POV

"Then why are you working in that art gallery? Come to Roy group, I will give you a job, work for me."
"Will you?" I asked her.

"No, thank you. I am already working in the Sehari group," she replied, lightly.

"What? Aren't you working in the Real art gallery?" I questioned.

"Yeah, but that is part time and working in the Sehari group is full time," she replied.

"Ok," I commented, not knowing how to react.

I don't even know what her major is and where she is working. I have to read her bio-data tomorrow, I mentally noted and went to bed.

The next morning when I was going to work, Rekha came to our house.

"Hi Rekha," Megha greeted, cheerfully.

"I don't want to spoil my mood by talking with you," Rekha said arrogantly and walked to me.

"Sid, I brought a free soul painting for you," she said excitedly.

I didn't reply to her but glanced at Megha, who was also looking at me.

"Wait, I will bring it," Rekha said and ran outside and just in a few minutes she came back with a painting in her hands.

When she was about to come near me, she slipped and was about to fall, but Megha held her before she kissed the floor and caught the painting, which fell from Rekha's hand with another hand.

Rekha quickly stood up on her feet and snatched the painting from Megha's hand.

"Don't touch the painting with your filthy hands," Rekha roared instead of thanking her.

"Rekha, mind your language," I warned her.

"It's ok, Karthik, calm down," Megha said sweetly.

"Karthik?" Rekha scoffed. "Who gave you permission to call him Karthik?"

"It's me," I stated.

"But you never allowed anyone to call you like that," Rekha muttered and Megha looked at me, surprised.

"Megha is my wife and she can call me whatever she wants," I replied sternly.

"She cast a spell on you, too."
"You are evil. You can change anyone and turn to your side. You are such a slut like your mother. Your mother is a whore‌. That's why you don't have a father and she raised a slut like you," she spat madly.

Her words are like needles. Hearing her, anger surged in my heart.
"Rekha," I growled, and a slap landed on her cheek. Yeah, Megha slapped her, putting her in her place.

"Don't think I am weak just because I am not reacting. You can swear at me, I don't care, but don't you dare to talk shit about my mom. I swear, Rekha, I will kill you if you talk anything about my mom," Megha roared like a lioness.

That's what I want from her, standing for herself.

"Do you know who I am? I am Rekha, the top model and you dare to hit me? I can destroy you within seconds," Rekha howled madly.

"You work in the Real art gallery, right? I am a VIP customer there. They give me a discount too and I can make you lose your job with just a phone call," she yelled and Megha chuckled.

"You are, afterall, a VIP customer there, but I am the bloody owner of that art gallery and I am the one who gave you the VIP card and gives the discount because you are the family member of my husband. Understand and get out from here," Megha roared.