I don't hate you either

It's been two months since me and Malfoy spent Christmas together. TWO MONTHS. He's acting like a child. 

He won't speak to me at all. Instead he resorted to childish antics. 

Using spells to tie my shoelaces together or making my papers fly around the room out of my reach. 

Needless to say I haven't spent much time in my common room the past two months. I hung out with the Gryffindors and Cedric. 

I wrote Neville and found out he was okay. He was going on a trip with his grandmother. He would be coming back shortly but I missed him. 

I was making my way to see Cedric when I felt my books fly out of my hands. I looked around to see Malfoy standing with Crabbe and Goyle laughing at me. 

"You okay Snape?"Draco said putting his wand away.

"I'm fine Malfoy. Seems you needed some attention seeing how your father doesn't give you any. " I spat grabbing my books and walking down the hall again.

"Oi, Snape!" Draco said running up behind me. 

"What Malfoy? What!" 

"Seems you've got something on your back."He said grabbing a paper of my back and handing to to me.

Written across the page in big bold letters was the word "Cunt". 

I looked up and Malfoy 's stupid smirking face. 

"Screw this."I said grabbing him and pulling him into an empty classroom. I muttered a silencing spell on the room and let everything out. 

"You've been treating like rubbish for two months Malfoy and I'm sick of it. I don't know what I've done but I'm sure it isn't worth the way you're acting right now. I can deal with the little pranks and snide comments but never and I mean never will I let somebody like YOU call ME a cunt."I screamed. 

"You haven't done anything Snape? Are you a fucking idiot?" He screamed right back at me. 

"What the hell are you on about? We had a nice moment during Christmas and now you've gone and ruined it. Every time I get somewhere with you Malfoy you do something childish. EVERY TIME."

"I'm childish? Really? You couldn't even admit to OUR FRIENDS that we hung out. You're so wrapped up in yourself. And my god are you daft. Tell me Snape, what's so wrong with people knowing you're pals with me?"

"You could have told them too. But you're Malfoy. You're all types of fucked up so you take it out on your pals. If everything doesn't revolve around you you throw a tantrum and act like a wanker. Malfoy you could have told them if you really wanted them to know. I'm not going to throw myself at you and do every little thing you ask. I'd like you to remember that my family is just as pure as yours. But mine has some class. So stop treating me like I'm less than you. I get it you hate me but don't make my life hell because it gets you off."I shouted great full that I put a spell on the room. 

"I don't hate you Snape. You just piss me off."

I scoffed at him." I piss you of.."

"No I listened to you scream at me it's my turn."Draco said cutting me off.

"I don't know what it is but you're so much like me but also nothing like me at the same time. And I know it sounds dumb but that's why it's so hard for me. I'm confused. The same thing that makes me want to avoid you is the same thing that makes me want you around me." 

"So you do want me around?"I asked a tad confused. 

"Blimey Snape! Yes. That's what this whole thing was about. I want to be around you. I want you to want to be around me. And I don't want to have to hide that we hang out." 

"I'm fine with that. But you've got to stop with the hot and cold Malfoy. I won't let you take your daddy issues out on me. Or on my friends."I said looking at the boy.

"I'm fine with that too."He said looking relieved. 

I started heading toward the door when I stopped and looked back at Draco.

"By the way. I don't hate you either Malfoy." I said smiling at him. 

I walked out of the room and made my way back to the common room. I felt better. Like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. Hopefully the peace between us would last this time. 

                                                         ***********TIME SKIP**********

                                                                        (Three weeks later)

Over the past three weeks me and Draco have been hanging out a lot more. He helped take my mind off of Neville not being there and I seemed to help his stop being an arse to the first years. 

I was either hanging out with Draco and the rest of my Slytherin friends or with Cedric. I also spent some time with Hermione in the library studying, it was mostly us sitting in silence awkwardly but it felt good having another girl as a friend. 

I had recently passed Cedric on Owly and was currently at number one. It seemed some people weren't to fond of who I was getting closer to and they made it very clear. 

Y/n Snape Posted 2:39 

@yourfavslytherin  

You okay there Malfoy?

3,841 Hoots 103 shares 539 comments 

Daphne Greengrass Posted 4:27 

 @everyonesfavslytherin

I wish Snape would stick to one person

437 Hoots 1,684 shares 946 comments 

@yourfavslytherin: I wish your eyebrows weren't so far apart. I guess we don't all get what we want. 🤷‍♀