Kazuha | Beauty Of Red

Watching the little, laughing kids running around their parents in excitement and stall vendors selling their food and goods is a pleasant sight. It has been a long time since you stepped foot into the main city. As a person who grew up in the outskirts of Inazuma, you're used to the serene atmosphere of the flowing stream, rustling leaves, and chirping birds.

Although this part of Inazuma contrasts from what you're used to, you don't dislike it, and if anything, enjoy the warmth and happiness coming from the people.

"It brings a smile upon my face to see you here," a gentle voice says from nearby.

You shift your attention to a familiar face. His expression softens upon meeting your curious gaze; a warm smile gracing his face—the warmth spreading to his red eyes. His bandaged hand is raised in greeting.

"Kaedehara. It's wonderful to meet you again." You smile and make your way over to him.

"Please, call me Kazuha. You're no stranger, after all."

"Kazuha it is. How have you been?"

As the male shares with you about the various adventures he has since experienced the last time he met you, you're walking side by side at a steady pace, heading to Kiminami Restaurant. He's craving their radish and fish stew and has spoken highly of it. You, on the other hand, are excited to check out the menu and find something of interest.

Upon arrival, a brown-haired female welcomes and seats you two. You place your orders and she turns around to make the food.

Kazuha turns to face you. "And yourself? How has the following days of clear weather and shining rays gifted you?"

"It has been very pleasant. The nice weather helps me stay motivated to work outside in the garden. All the vegetables and fruits are healthy and growing just fine."

"I'm thrilled to hear of your success. Your vegetables are delicious. Even now, I can remember their fresh and crisp taste clearly." He nods before looking forward.

"Excuse me. Would it be alright with you if we take a short, nearby stroll?" he asks the restaurant's owner.

"Of course. Your food should be done by then," she replies.

The stroll around the vibrant city is mostly met in a comfortable silence. You take a gander at the usual calm expression he has as your mind drifts to the first time you met the wandering samurai, his soaked figure asking to stay the night. Although you had some hesitance, you didn't have the heart to turn him away, especially since the weather was stormy and cold.

He ended up staying for a few more nights due to the persistent weather. During those days, you've gotten to know a bit more about the stranger and his interests. For example, he enjoys food when it's made with care and coming up with poems (though he claims he isn't good at haikus).

Kazuha stops at a small bridge and leans his arms atop the railing, staring straight ahead. "The autumn days are beautiful, aren't they," he murmurs.

"Yes. I love the red maple leaves that fall during this time." You reach down to pick up a fallen leaf and twirl it between your fingers.

He faintly smiles, listening to your simple words of appreciation. In that moment, a leaf slowly falls down toward the lake. He reaches out to catch it in his open palm.

The leaf you're twirling slips from your fingers and drifts to the ground. You're about to pick it up again to keep as a way to remember your time spent with the male, but the sudden close proximity between you and Kazuha stops you from doing so.

His fingers brush against your ear, so delicate and gentle just like the passing of the breeze. Time seems to stop, and you can only focus on him—solely him. Your heart soars at the way his gaze is slightly lowered, his head tilted in thought. A mix of shyness and happiness washes over you.

"The vibrant of red,
adorning the flowing locks,
a beautiful sight."

"K-Kazuha..." you stammer, grasping onto your shirt in an attempt to calm your rapidly beating heart. The warmth and fuzziness you're feeling is overwhelming.

Wordlessly, he starts walking back to the restaurant, only to pause and look at you from over his shoulder. He smiles, his eyes sparkling under the sunlight.

"It suits you perfectly, (Y/N)."

-♡-

I haven't written a haiku in so long (the last time was probably elementary school), so it was fun to work on one for this one-shot! I've been in the Kazuha mood lately, so all my drafts so far are just KazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuhaKazuha and... more Kazuha.