C28 Year5 Part3

" Edward!," Iridessa called out, running towards her brother who stood talking to Professor Dumbledore in the Great Hall at dinner time.

Edward smiled and held his arms wide open. She grinned widely and ran into those arms.

" What's wrong? Why are you here?," she asked breathlessly," Mommy wrote that you're in Alaska ."

" Slow down,Maggie," he said ,chuckling softly. " I was in Denali, but I thought I'd best come to see you instead."

Iridessa smiled widely at him. " I missed you ,Edward. Is everything okay? Mommy won't tell me." She pouted adorably.

Edward looked at Dumbledore who said " Well, I'll take my leave, Mister Cullen. Just get her back to her dorms before curfew."

Edward nodded." I will. Come, Maggie. Let's go find a spot to sit and I'll tell you what's happened".

She nodded, pulling away and taking his hand, leading him to the hallway and all the way to Gryffindor tower.

Once they were seated near the fire, they spoke.

He told her about Bella Swan , the new girl at school, his voice low so only she could hear him .

" She's my Blood Singer. I can't be around her right now. So I went to Alaska and Eleazar said that I should come visit you, so I went to see Sirius and he helped me to get here,and here I am."

Iridessa smiled sadly at him, moving to hug him. " Oh, Edward, I'm so sorry."

" It's not your fault,Maggie. Alice only had a vision of her . None of us were prepared for it."

She cuddled him tightly and he breathed in her calming scent . His little sister , the rainbow after the storm of his family .

" How are you doing? Rose said that Harry's dating someone else now ."

Iridessa sat up and looked at him." Yes. Ginny Weasley. It isn't going to hold ,though. They've been arguing about nonsense the other night . Hermione and Ron said it's only a matter of time before they break up.  Tell me, when are you going home again?"

" In a week. I'll be good as new them. I wish you could come home with me ."

She smiled at him." Me too , Edward. I miss you guys ."

" Do I hear a but there ?," he asked.

She shook her head." No. I think I regret coming back."

She said that louder than intended and she heard Hermione ,sat at a nearby table, gasp.
She ignored that.

"I'm sorry I didn't go to Ilvermorny. Daddy and Mommy went to all that trouble to meet with  the Headmaster ,and I threw it away."

" You had a choice, Iridessa. You thought of your friends."

She nodded, but didn't say anything to that.

" Tommorow is a Quidditch match. Will you come see it?"

Edward shrugged." I don't know. I'm going back to Sirius's tonight."

Iridessa pouted." Awe, why? I wish you could stay."

" It isn't simple , Maggie. I came to see you because I wanted to , but I can't stay. I'll see if I can visit again tomorrow. I'll ask Professor Dumbledore . Or Sirius. I'll work something out."

He moved to pull her against his chest, his lips brushing against her forehead.

He felt calmer now that he's seen his little sister. He felt that he can now take on the world.