Miko | Extra Fried Tofu

The pan continues sizzling, giving off an aromatic smell from all the spices you've added and stirred together. You do a quick taste test, carefully tasting the flavors, and nod in satisfaction.

"Paimon, can you sprinkle in the pepper flakes, please?" you ask your floating friend, making sure you're still focused on mixing.

"Gotcha!" she exclaims, flying over to a red container that's shaped like a pepper. She throws in two handfuls of pepper flakes.

"Let me know what you think of the sauce. It's a bit spicy and very hot, so be careful." You blow a few times on the sauce before putting the spoon in front of her.

She dips her tiny finger in and tastes it, immediately giving you a thumbs up and a closed-eyed smile. "Ahh! Paimon thinks it's really yummy. Your cooking never tastes bad, (Y/N)."

"Heh. Thanks, Paimon." You smile, feeling more confident and warm due to her sweet compliment. The last thing to do is to add in the fried tofu pieces.

The sound of the front door opening catches Paimon's attention. She tilts her head toward the source of the noise, and shortly after, her face lights up. You notice her sudden facial expression change and turn around out of curiosity.

Your pink-haired girlfriend smiles and waves, her delicate fingers moving toward your face to tap you on the nose gently.

"M-Miko! You're here early. Did your errand go alright?" you ask while stirring the fried tofu around in the sauce.

She reaches over your head to search for something in the cabinet. "The person I was supposed to meet up with couldn't make it due to some personal problems. But no matter." She stops and gazes down at you. "I got to leave early to see my little one."

"W-Well, um... I'm glad to see you so early. Lunch is almost ready. I made some spicy fried tofu with the leftover jueyun chilis I had."

Although you've been dating Miko for a while now, you're still in the process of getting used to having her presence being immensely close to you. Her teasing comments are also difficult to deal with; you have nothing against them, of course, but they cause you to become stiff and in turn, to act awkwardly.

A small smile graces her face as mischief sparkles in her purple eyes. "Oh, my. Why so shy, hmm? Are you..." she says softly, pulling you closer by the waist to have you against her, "...not used to seeing your beautiful girlfriend so up-close and personal?"

Just as you're about to stammer out a reply, a "hey!" from nearby stops you from doing so. You two turn to look at a frowning Paimon.

"Fox Lady, I thought you said you would slow down with doing that 'up-close' thing," she scolds.

"Oh, did I now?" The Kitsune laughs and wraps her arms around your neck. "I can't help myself. They're too adorable."

"But... you might make (Y/N) pass out soon... they're still not used to your actions, y'know."

"Hmm... I never knew." She nuzzles her face against your neck.

Her long strands of pink hair tickles your skin. The warmth in your body only worsens with Miko's body and face against you. Her intense, floral scent is the sole smell consuming your nose—the spicy, aromatic scent no longer the main focus. Your hand has long since stopped stirring the food.

Although the fried tofu is present in front of you, all you can decipher are blobs of crispy browns.

"Dear, you are getting too distracted. Now look what you've done, burning the fried tofu I've been eagerly waiting to eat." Miko sighs, her warm breath fanning your ear.

Your thoughts break, and you blink a few times. "Oh, the tofu! I forgot about them..."

"Hmm..." She leans over to peer at your face. "How... should I punish you?"

-♡-

Punish? Surely the punishment is just going to be having you make the fried tofu dish again.