prologue

"Where did you drop the envelope?"

"In Stephen sir's study room should I bring it to fit you mam"

   " no it's ok, I will bring it from there."

 Eva doesn't want to bother the maid, so she decided to bring the envelope by herself, it was just some important documents that her dad sent her for signature. She had to do it by tomorrow. So there is no other option. First, she checked the lights which were supposed to show that the devil had not returned from work yet. So she decided to accomplish the work in minutes. That's what she thought…

     Eva reached Stephen's study room with ginger steps, Stephen Smith was known as a cold-hearted businessman, a very harsh and disciplined man. Rose already educated her to stay away from  Stephen as he is a very introverted man who doesn't like associating with people...

.

Eva always got uncomfortable around his formidable aura, he hardly speaks first Eva thought him to be dumb but when she saw him speaking listening to his cold voice and strict tone, she thought its a blessing that he speaks less.

    Eva started searching for the envelope in a hurry as she wanted to leave the room before Stefan could return home.

   A sudden voice made her nervous. She could hear some footsteps in the study room so she did what she thought was right. She hid behind the couch.

        She hadn't heard any more footsteps so she tried to peek from behind but a shriek left her mouth, as Stephen was hovering over her while sitting on the couch. Before she could move a limb Stephen pulled her on his lap.

      Eva started wiggling her legs to get out of his hold. Which didn't bother Stephen, he stood up and got settled on the chair and started with his work, the fragile girl got tired from her continuous efforts so she requested him in a low tone.

.    

  "Sorry. … I will not do this again, please let me go."

 Stephen kept doing his work, without even responding to her, Eva started murmuring in the low voice "the maid left my envelope here I was just here to collect that, let me go please "

   All her pleadings were going to deaf ears, Stephen kept doing his work on a laptop. Soon Eva got asleep in his lap, her head resting on his chest. After half an hour Stephen wrapped up his work and exited the study room with Eva, who was sleeping in his arms when he reached the guest room. He lay down on her bed and tucked her properly with the comforter.

   Stephen observed the face of the beautiful girl who meant the world to him but he couldn't tell her this now, he made clear in his mind that Eva is only his.