21 - beg

Mila's Pov <3

.....
Mila's Pov <3

"Carter I swear to god. We have four more hours of practice and I need you to focus!" I shout at him and Ben practically falls out of his chair, knocking the book off Carters eyes in the process.

Blair couldn't convince Rob and Harrison to control our music for our cheer practice, so we got stuck with these two idiots. They're incompetent and have terrible work ethic, clearly.

"Let's just go from the start, then maybe we can call it for the day?" Monica suggested quietly and if look could kill... Well rest in peace Monica, death by my stare.

Georgia claps her hands and we assemble ourselves into position. Monica acts as the flier for today while I shout out orders at them. This has to be perfect.

You cant be anything less than perfect.

Monica lands her flip and Ben and Carter stop the music, clapping for our team. "Wooo! So good! Now can we please go get food?" Ben pleads, giving Blair the puppy look.

Blair rolls her eyes but I nod at her, allowing them all to take a break. The girls grab their outfits for the competition tomorrow, it's only five past six, which meant we could fit in another couple run throughs before then.

Competition is at three tomorrow, then the hockey game is at seven. So we had plenty of time, kinda...

I began to collect all the empty water bottles and gather up our pompoms. Being the captain, this was the stuff I had to deal with.

The rest of the cheer team file out of the room, as well as Benny of course. You would expect the boy out of fifteen girls to shine, but somehow Blair is the one that stands out.

He's staring at her while Blair tells some sort of story, all the girls laugh as he gets slowly pushed to the back of the group.

The gym door slams shut and I continue to clean up the little things since we were renting out the auditorium, so it had to be perfectly clean before I left.

Nothing less than perfect.

I was so caught up in cleaning everything that I didn't even notice Carter had stayed, his legs were resting on the chair in front of him and his arms were spread out on the chairs by either side of him.

He twirls a lollipop in between his teeth, watching me closely and I refrain from laughing when I notice his little squinty eyes. Refuses to wear contacts and chooses to be slightly blind. Benny, Blair, Carter and me all did that.

"Everything okay?" I muse and he nods, his stare leveling with mine.

"Your job has been fulfilled, you can go eat with the girls... plus Ben." He drops his legs and stands up, walking through the rows of seats towards the stage.

"You did a crappy job with the music, I need someone who will actually be of use to me." I say quietly, putting my pompoms into my bag on the floor.

"So use me." He says back.