21: allies and enemies

—» • «—

which is which

—» • «—

━━━

"Hyu—Hyunjin?"

Nayeon let out in surprise, not expecting to see him at all. In this kind of situaton.

The man on the throne let out a chuckles at her reaction. Baritone and hoarse as it resonated trough the strain silence of the atmosphere. "Well, I suppose you did not expect to see him here?" he smiled at Nayeon, "then let me introduce to you my right hand, Hyunjin; the half blooded royal demon."

Her mouth agape. Then gazed at the man on throne, scrutinizing him. "What do you want from me?"

The man offers a friendly smile and lift himself up from where he was seated, taking a slow steps to Nayeon. "Well, before we go to that. Let me show my gratitude for saving my daughter." Nayeon was so confuse, even more when Hyunjin advances towards her and stop right behind.

"What are you do— " Her words was cut off by the red light that swallowed her whole, blocking her vision.

She could only blink as it slowly diminished.

"What was that?" Nayeon have no idea why she's speaking so causaully to do this man. She knows something was up with this man. Just who is he?

"Spread your wings dear." the man across her request but.. "I can't. They were already destroyed." Nayeon respond.

The man smirk, "Why don't you try it first?" he suggest, lifting his hand to point at her back and ushers for Hyunjin to move.

Nayeon gulp. Feeling her stomach churn at the idea of seeing her damage wings. Her gaze flickered up to the man who was watching her expectantly. And she can't help but to feel anxious. Pride being anxious? Pfft.. that ridiculious.

With hesitancy, she slowly move her shoulders to summon her wings.

And it spread out.

Completely healed.

Bigger than before.

Shinnier than before.

Beautiful than ever.

Nayeon was shock. Not even sacred demon can heal it. So how come? Unless this man—

"Please accept my gratitude Your Highness." the man slighty lowers his head to bow before lifting it up with smile across his face. "I hope you like it."

Nayeon can't seems to form a word. Gratitude? "What do you mean by showing your gratitude?" she ask, confuse.

The man let out a small laugh. "You still don't get it, don't you?" Nayeon only stares at him so he continue with a chuckle falling from his lips,