28-twenty-eight

As your focus shifted to preparing for the wedding, your life slowly started to become more intertwined with the occasion.

There were days when you didn't even work on the new Casíta because you were busy working with the couple and Isabela on making the perfect wedding.

And at the times when you weren't working at Casíta or the wedding, you were finishing your masterpiece of a painting.

The 8 months that have been filled with you just turning your painting closer to perfection was slowly paying off. The pain and withering of your fingers and hands were a true testament to how much you wanted this painting to be just as perfect as the wedding.

Perfecting that painting was just what you found yourself doing this one fateful day, which was just about two weeks before the Casíta was fully furnished and the wedding.

You were busy performing your morning routine of spending some of your energy inside your studio, while you waited for your parents to finish eating.

You were completely captivated by your own work, and each stroke you made seemed like it was where it truly wanted to be.

It was like your senses of hearing and smell faded in order for you to improve on your senses of sight and touch, which also showed how obsessed you were with making picture perfect movements.

Because of that, you couldn't hear the growing knocking that came from the studio door, you could definitely hear it, but you were too focused to comprehend the fact that you had to open the door.

"(Y/N)! (Y/N)!" The shouts echoed from the wooden door, yet they weren't enough to catch your attention.

You only realized someone was at the door when it swung open, showing a frustrated and annoyed Isabela on the other side.

Once you realize she could catch a glimpse of your painting, you frantically collect the canvases and hide them behind your back to prevent Isabela from seeing any of it.

Isabela walked in with a dumbfounded look on her face, "The fuck are you doing?"

"Language, mí vida!" Julieta had heard her eldest swear and she was not having it.

"Sorry, ma!" Isabela's face was as red as a tomato, she had forgotten that her mother was just right there.

While Isabela was apologizing to her mother, you had time to properly hide your paintings because she was looking away.

You quickly but quietly hide them under the desk, and cover it with a sheet of cloth and another painting to divert anyone's attention.

Once Isabela looked back, you were already standing up more confidently, you were leaning on the desk that was on top of your paintings, just to add to the security you imposed about the secrecy of your painting.

"Oh, what." Last time Isabela looked at you, you were a nervous mess, and now you were showing pure confidence with your body and your face.

"You were asking?" You faked a strong voice just to pretend that you had nothing to hide.

"You were- you know what, nevermind." Isabela shook her head, as she walked into the room.

"I was knocking so much! How'd you not hear that?" Isabela pointed her hand at the door while she was complaining about having to knock so much.

"Oh, sorry, I uh... must'a dozed off!" You were saying the first excuses that popped into your head.

"Anyways, once the house is finished, we won't live here anymore, and because of that, I wanted us to do one last thing before we have to go." Isabela asked you with politeness.