Chapter 49

Pascal stood waiting in front of SS2 block, for Chika; who's fast approaching. Malik gets in Chika's way to talk to him, Chika turns around to take another route, but Malik blocks him again, Chika instantly gives up and pauses to hear what Malik has to say.

"Please listen... Um.... I AM SO SORRY! I know it's a little too late... I want you to know that I didn't mean for any of it to happen... I've been so afraid to talk to you because of my brother..." Malik mumbles his words while trying not to make eye contact.

Chika stood there quiet, there was so much for him to say but he didn't want to say anything, he waited for Malik to finish but Pascal called him, he looked at Pascal then back at Malik before going to Pascal.

"What was he saying?" Pascal asked when Chika got to him in front of their block.

"He apologized"

"Oh OK.... I forgot my belt in your house on Sunday morning before I left, I'm coming after school to pick it"

"You'd have to come later in the evening.... Senior Jason would be coming after school" Chika climbed the stairs and left. Pascal could sense Malik got under Chika's skin.

Stephanie and Beamer left the food joint after eating leaving their 20naira change behind.

Stephanie had lost all hope in finding her bag, Beamer wanted to go back to school but it was way too late, they agreed to wait it out a bit before they start going home.

"It's 12:34, I can't go home by this time... " Stephanie put her phone back into her cross bag after checking the time.

"We'd tell them school closed early abeg... I'm tired!!" Beamer untucks his shirt.

"Oooo bad boy" Stephanie teases Beamer.

Beamer unknots his tie and unbuttons his shirt to get a similar reaction from Stephanie, he keeps making Stephanie laugh til he sags. Stephanie disapproves him sagging. He buckles his belt back up.

"We're not mad!" Beamer shouts to a stranger across the road staring.

Although the day started off rough, Stephanie enjoyed the time she spent with Beamer, it was time they headed home and face the consequences.

Moyo went to see the VP alone after school. During break Tope had already lied to the VP before Moyo entered the office so their words weren't correlating, this made the VP even more mad, now Moyo wants to try alone, she's sticking with the story Tope had told her but with a little bit of her own.

Moyo got tired of begging the VP. She had a backup plan in my mind incase pleading with VP didn't work, but it involved her father, Her father would probably seize the phone again after getting it from the VP so that'd be pointless.

The VP stepped out of her office, leaving the keys with her secretary, Moyo asked Tope to go away so the VP won't see her. The VP saw Moyo standing outside alone and pardoned her, she instructed her secretary to give her the phone when she got into her car.

Moyo scolded Tope before giving her back her phone at the gate, Tope expected something a lot more worse than Moyo telling her she won't help her with this again.

Chika arranged a few things when he got home, his home was pretty tidy cause no-one's barely around.

Chika felt really nervous having Jason over, he wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

Jason was amazed when he got to Chika's place, he'd prefer to live there than his home any day. Jason sat with Chika in his room to talk.

"So what exactly did you guys talk about? Malvin isn't here so you can talk now" Jason scrolled through Chika's room.

"Well... Pascal... He's my classmate and I think he likes me... He even slept over after teen fest...NO we didn't do anything" Chika answered the obvious question Jason was about to ask.

Jason started shipping them even though he's never met Pascal, Jason wanted to know more so he kept interrogating Chika.

"....I didn't want to make the first move, and honestly I've not done it before..." Chika's response to why nothing happened.

"Really? not even Lekan?" Jason smirked. Chika couldn't say another word. "I stayed back after school working for my dad when I saw you and Lekan come out of the toilet." Jason explained how he knew about them.

"Even if I've done it.... I still don't know how..... Maybe you could teach me" Chika joked.

Jason laughed "you can't trick me into sleeping with you Chika"

"Ok...Pascal would soon be coming, you should be going" Chika ignored. Jason expected some kind of extra convincing from Chika, it made him proud of Chika's growth, so he took his leave.

Pascal got in few minutes after Jason left but they missed each other on their way, so they never actually saw each other.

Pascal grabbed his belt and put it in his bag, but stayed for a little longer, Chika wanted to make a move since Pascal was hinting towards it, but Chika felt too scared especially after what happened last time.

Pascal asked Chika to come lie on the bed beside him, Chika got in the bed and they faced each other, Chika was patiently waiting for Pascal to do something but he didn't.

"Why are you so interested in me all of a sudden? You didn't even know I existed until what happened" Chika broke the silence.

"Actually I did... I was with you at Lateef's party, I was the one who separated you, Malik and Olamide's fight, also I was the one who gave you dubs during maths test" Pascal recounts memories.

"Thank you by the way for the dubs.... Oh yeah it's you that asked Tope out before me?" Chika remembers.

"Yes I had to... I needed people to think I like girls" Pascal came out to Chika.

Chika blushed really hard, he felt it was the right time to kiss him, since he's come out. "Can I kiss you?" Chika asked.

".....ughhhh!!" Pascal groaned. "You should've just gone for it.... Now you ruined the whole mood."

Chika started laughing and complaining "well the last time I went for it we all know how that.... "

Pascal cut Chika off by kissing him, Chika held his head and got on top Pascal and started making out with him.