Chapter Eighteen

The smoke cleared from the massive blast that ended the saiyan Nappa. Goku hung in the air holding both children and Krillin. All of them in shock at what just happened.

"He's a monster," Krillin said, making himself float. "Who'd kill his own partner?"

"You gotta get to Kame House," Goku told them.

Krillin paused and nodded. "Yeah, I get it. Mae! Gohan! You heard him!"

"But-But..." Gohan began to rebuttal.

"I'm not leaving," Mae replied.

"The enemy is too powerful," Krillin said sternly. "If Goku has to worry about us we'll only be in the way!"

"Sorry," Goku said. "He's even stronger than I imagined."

Gohan gave an understanding nod, "if I have to..."

"No! I'm not leaving!" Mae exclaimed looking to her father.

Goku looked at her, "you need to go. I won't tell you again."

Mae saw the intensity in his eyes and she closed her mouth. She gave a small nod, "f-fine."

Goku patted her head, "good."

"Goku, do us a favor," Krillin said. "Fight somewhere else. We don't want our friends bodies getting destroyed for when we bring them back."

Goku gave his friend a confused look. "But Krillin, Piccolo is dead and so is Kami. The dragon balls are gone forever. No one is coming back to life."

Mae looked between Goku and Krillin before looking at Gohan who spoke up.

"Is there a way to bring them back?" He asked.

"Is there?" Goku asked Krillin desperately.

"I'll explain later," Krillin said. "Just trust me, if you beat him."

Goku gave a nervous look at the saiyan Prince below. "If I beat him. It all comes down to that doesn't it."

"What's taking you?!" Vegeta yelled. "Don't tell me you're scared!"

"Okay, I'll lead him somewhere else," Goku said. "Wish me luck."

"Goku, I'm sorry we have to leave it to you alone," Krillin extended a hand. "You better not die."

"No way," Goku shook his hand. He looked at his children. "After this I'll take you fishing Gohan. And Mae we can train together."

"Yay!" Gohan beamed.

"Okay," Mae nodded. She still didn't want to leave her father.

Goku gave them both a pat on the head before flying down to face Vegeta.

"You figured it's useless to run?" Vegeta smirked.

"We're not fighting here," Goku said.

"Have it your way," Vegeta said.

Goku flew up and led Vegeta to an empty area. He was surprised the prince was able to keep up with him.

"Daddy..." Gohan said as he watched them leave.

"I'm going," Mae said as she flew to follow Goku.

Krillin grabbed her wrist, "you can't! Goku told you..."

"I don't care!" Mae interrupted. "Daddy might need help. I'm going."

"Mae..." Gohan said.

"You guys go back," Mae said. "Gohan stay safe. I'll be okay."