🍭 𝕥𝕨𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕪-𝕠𝕟𝕖 🍭

Jailen

Dinner went by quickly. I zoned out most of it, but the couple of times I did pay attention to what they were saying, it didn't interest me. Harry hadn't spoken to me much tonight either but I didn't mind.

I was too into my thoughts to care. I had always made jokes about quitting my job and being taken care of by some man, thinking it'd never come true but now that it was right in front of me... it's not that I didn't want it, I just... didn't know how to want it.

I looked over at the many shopping bags that sat in the corner of the bedroom, all of them being mine, and I frowned.

"Why are you looking like that?" Harry asked as he walked into the room.

I shrugged and reached down to unbuckle my heels. He hummed as he took off his tie and threw it on the bed. I grabbed my heels off of the floor and stood up before walking into the closet. I sat them next to my suitcase and ran my hands over my face. I took my hair out of its bun just as Harry walked into the closet.

I felt him approach but I kept my back to him. His fingers trailed up my arms until he reached my shoulders, "Talk to me."

"I don't have nothing to talk about," I mumbled as he massaged the flesh and I leaned back against him.

"Don't lie to me, Jailen," he warned, making me hiss when he squeezed my shoulders a little too hard, "Do you wanna discuss the contract again?"

I didn't want to but I think we needed to. I twisted in his grasp until I was facing him and I stared up at him. I bit my tongue, trying to find the words I wanted to say. He stared down at me patiently, his eyes low from either being high or sleepy. Probably both.

"I don't-" I stared, "Harry, I don't know what to do. You've done this before, I'm sure, but I haven't. I've never had anyone take care of me other than myself. It's weird. The clothes, the payment, the rent- thank you for that by the way- I just... I don't know."

I felt stupid saying this out loud, as I always did when discussing this with him. But it was the truth. I didn't know. He nodded slowly and rubbed my shoulders again, "You don't have to know anything. I just want you to let me do everything, sweetie. Stop worrying so much."

I couldn't help but frown again. And it's not because I didn't like what he was saying but because I didn't know how not to worry so damn much.

"Alright, fuck, how about this... don't sign the contract, don't worry about that right now. Let me take care of you. We do what we want, when we want. The contract is the least of our problems right now, I think that's what has you so wrapped up, sweetie." He sighed but I didn't say anything. He pursed his lips, "You need to relax."

He grabbed my hand, pulling me out of the closet and into the bathroom right next to it. He flicked the light on and walked over to the tub. He plugged the drain and turned on the water, steam immediately rising from the bottom of it.

I stood in the middle of the bathroom, unsure of what to do or what to even say. Harry walked towards me, rounding me until he was behind me. I held my breath as I felt him tug on the back of my dress.

"You'll take a bath with me," he said, well, demanded. Still, I nodded slowly, keeping my eyes on the bathtub as he slid the zipper down. The fabric loosened against my body and I quickly brought my hands up to catch it before it fell to the floor. He rounded me again, standing in front of me as he reached out and gently grabbed my arms, careful about putting too much pressure on my wrist. The dress fell and goosebumps rose on my skin.