Six

Sage Williams

Sage Williams

PAST

It was the second day of school and boy, I could not wait to get to school.

I made sure to do my pigtails extra tight today and I even put on my own blush. I had told mom and dad about him but if we are being honest, I think that they thought I was making him up. I gave up trying to explain him to them.

I finally had a friend and nobody was going to ruin that for me.

We were leaving the school for recess now. My eyes were everywhere looking for him but I had yet to see him. Blaise. I wonder if he wore the same shoes today. Or did he do his hair the same way? Goodness, I couldn't wait to see him.

But the harder I looked, I couldn't find him.

I approached the tree from yesterday, to see that his name was still written down there in the dirt. I couldn't help the smile on my face. It definitely wasn't my imagination.

Near the milkweed where I found the caterpillars was a field of dandelions. I love them. They smelled so good and they always had the nicest bee's on them. I especially loved picking them and placing them underneath a microscope.

Gosh, they were exhilarating.

Exiting the field of dandelions I walked over to my milkweed, inspecting for any new caterpillar friends that had decided to join the party. Staring at the one that I had picked up yesterday, I reached for him again. Placing him in my palm I felt his smooth fur tickle my fingers.

My friend only friend playing with me at recess.

Until my body got hit. "Oof!" I hit the milkweed. I felt the body pull itself off of me. "Je m'excuse" He mumbled as he held out a hand to me. I raised my eyebrows, "Hey! Blaise!" I shouted his name in excitement.

His eyebrows raised as his face flushed pink. "I'm sorry I hit you," He spoke as I smiled.

"It's okay. Hit me anytime." He gave me a confused look as I continued to smile at him.