𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚖

𓂻

Imogen Halstead (age 14)
Word Count: 707

Jays POV

Why are teenagers so damn hard to handle? I'm constantly wondering which version of my own child is going to wake up each morning.  Yesterday she was a complete nightmare, and I'm hoping today isn't the same.  Last night she wouldn't eat dinner because I punished her for getting a detention, all I made her do was hand her phone over and she went of strike against eating dinner.

I'm snapped out of thought when I hear plodding coming down the stairs, only for Imogen to come moseying into the kitchen, "I'm so hungry..." she grumbles. I scoff a laugh, "well maybe if you had actually had your dinner last night, you wouldn't be" I shake my head.  She shoots me a quizzical look and I raise an eyebrow, yet she doesn't say anything.  Instead, she grabs an apple from the fruit bowl and leaves the kitchen, I hear her grab her school bag before I hear the front door slam shut.  I'm astonished by her exit, and I don't seem to have the words.  She's in trouble now...

~

             Later the same day, I'm sat at the table waiting for Imogen to get home.  I'm pissed that she stormed off earlier, and I don't plan on letting her get away with it. It's around 3:25pm right now and I suddenly hear the door open, "Imogen!" I call out as I hear her begin to run up the stairs.  I hear her groan and descend the stairs before she enters the kitchen looking annoyed. I point to the chair, "sit" I warn. She sighs but obeys, "wanna explain why you're acting this way? This attitude problem isn't good, Imogen" I huff. She raises an eyebrow, "I'm not talking" she stands up.

However, before she can run up the stairs, I grab her and fling her over my shoulder. She kicks her arms and legs around like a child and I'm left with no choice but to pin her down on the couch, until she starts acting her age, "you done?" I huff as she slowly stops struggling against my grip. She groans, "let me go!" She screeches. I scoff a laugh, "not until you stop acting like a baby" I shake my head. She huffs and groans, "what the hell has gotten into you recently?" I shake my head, still pinning her down. She shrugs, "nothing, you just make me mad sometimes" she admits and as much I like her honesty, i don't like her answer.

"No phone, two weeks. And you're grounded until I say so" I decide. She groans, "you've got to be kidding me!" she scoffs. I raise an eyebrow, "three weeks..." I warn, "no, please..." she begs. I shrug, "you need to drop this attitude of yours, it's disgusting. Have I made myself clear?" I raise an eyebrow angrily. She slowly nods, "words, Imogen" I remind, "yes" she sighs. I nod, "good, now I want you to go to your room and come back down when you have a real apology" I let go of her. She remains silent as she plods up the stairs, I can't believe her right now...

~

Three times. Three. Times. Imogen has came downstairs to apologise to me, however I sent her back upstairs after hearing how unapologetic she was. She just wants her phone back, and I can't let her get away with this.

It's currently 7:40pm now, and I have to head to work soon. But Imogen wanders down the stairs and sits down on the couch next to me, "I'm really sorry, dad. I won't give you attitude ever again, I'm sorry I've been acting up..." she looks down. And this time, I see the genuineness in her body language. I sigh, "thank you, and I'll hold you to that. I can't keep doing this to you Imogen, you're fourteen not four" I place a hand under her chin. She slowly looks up at me, "I know" she nods. I smiled weakly and place a kiss on her forehead, "you're still grounded" I sigh and she chuckles, "oh I know" she sighs and lays down, resting her head on my knee. Only you, Imogen...