Chapter Five: Flirting

"Y/N?" Hermione whispered with a stern look, placing her hand on top of Y/N's.

Y/N and Hermione were at the library studying. It had been a few days since Y/N's talk with Draco. Y/N had a lost look on his face. He wore reading glasses and had a book in his hands yet he didn't seem to be reading.

"Y/N." Hermione called out to him once more.

Y/N turned his head but his eyes remained stapled to his book who's pages haven't turned for the past 15 minutes. He blinked before looking into Hermione's eyes, his mouth curved into a frown. After seeing the concerned look on her face, his gaze instantly dropped down.

He hadn't told anyone about what Draco had told him and it was eating him up inside.

"What's wrong?" Hermione leaned down to look him in the eyes once more.

Y/N took a deep breath before looking up at her properly.

"I'm just tired." Y/N forced a soft smile.

Hermione sighed, obviously not buying his lies. She put her book down, placing a bookmark in it before packing up her stuff.

"I told you, Y/N. You can't lie to me." Hermione spoke softly as if raising her voice would cause the icy eyed boy to break.

"I know..." Y/N muttered, packing his belongings as well.

Hermione took Y/N's hands into hers, interlocking their fingers whilst carrying her books with her free arm, her bag slung around her shoulders. Y/N wore his enchanted messenger bag, following her without questions.

She lead him through the halls, making sure Umbridge wasn't there to separate them before leading him into the Gryffindor common room. It was pretty empty inside with most people opting to hang out in the courtyard or in their dorms, in fact, only Y/N and Hermione were in the room. She carefully placed her books down onto a table before leading him onto the couch.

"Well?" Hermione spoke up after taking a seat.

"Well." Y/N sighed, dragging her onto his lap, allowing her to sit sideways onto the couch.

"It's complicated."

Hermione leaned her head onto his chest, allowing him to hold her tight. Y/N wrapped his arms around her waist before laying his chin onto her head.

The fire blazed while the two of them sat in silence. Y/N knew Hermione wouldn't force information out of him.

"I'd tell you if I knew how to." Y/N mumbled.

"I know, love." Hermione closed her eyes, feeling most comfortable in Y/N's arms.

Y/N went silence once more, digging deep into his brain and heart for any ideas on how to explain what he was feeling.

"Hermione, I'm scared." Y/N admitted after taking a deep breath.

Hermione's eyes fluttered open as she shifted her position to face him while still sitting on his lap.

"Of what?" Hermione asked softly, brushing Y/N's hair out of his glossy eyes.

"I'm scared I'm wasting time. My father's a Death Eater, Hermione." Y/N's voice was breaking as he spoke, his eyes staring directly into Hermione's dark ones.

Hermione noticed his eyes had gone dull. A big difference from his usual bright ones. Ever since Harry had told her about what they had seen in the Graveyard, she felt absolute pity for Y/N who now had to choose sides between Hogwarts or his family.

"I know." Hermione mumbled gently, laying her head against his chest.

"But you know, sometimes it's okay to waste time..."