34. Message from the Goddess

King Caspian’s Pov

My beast fought with me, furiously enraged as I told myself these words.

You have to marry Princess Evealah.

It is necessary to prevent a war from happening.

To save mate…

Mate…

Thinking of that word, made me feel guilty.

What was I going to tell Ava? How was I going to explain the situation, to her? Was she going to understand?

Bad.

This is bad.

Judging from our last conversation, it would only become much worse. If I didn’t take a step, to make things right. I need to know what to do.

“Jaskier!”

I exclaimed the minute I arrived, back to the castle. If it took summoning the Great Witch, to know the next step, I had to do that.

Silver or Gold wasn’t the issue.

“Yes, Milord?” he answered, running in.

“Send a message to the Witch. She should report to my office as soon as possible.”

“As you wish, milord.”

He immediately went out hurriedly, to do as I ordered.

The Witch showed up, after some while. Surprisingly, she was faster this time. Compared to the last, she came.

As she entered, I looked up to her. Her brown-skin, dark lips, and her face coated in ancient engravings, with white chalks as usual. Looking radiant, as a result of her portions, as always.

“I had to come all the way from my seasonal journey, to the Great mines of Witches. It better, be worth it.”

She sighed out, sashaying in a black long gown that swept to the floor.

There seemed to be some specks of dessert dust on her clothing. Which made me figure she might just be telling the truth. The road to the mines were highly dusty.

I braced myself to talk as she said those words, my head searching.

I couldn’t think straight. My beast wasn’t allowing me. He craved a bonding with our mate. It’s been far too long...

“Your last prophecy wasn’t accurate, Nynaeve. I need to inquire more, to protect my mate.” I seethed.

Wasn’t the best choice of words, after her sacrifice, but I was so much afraid.

Afraid for Ava…

“Cross check the prophecy. Is there anything about a marriage with another? Will my mate will forgive me?”

I asked, shakily. My mind lost in thoughts unsure of how to go about this.

“Will she forgive all my sins?”

My dark scars and horrid pasts…

I slowly sunk on the ground, at a breakdown. My beast growled at our submission in front of the Witch. We were Alpha and King and he wanted me to act like it.

My thoughts were crazily all over the place.

Only Ava had the power to make me like this and I hated it...

“Why do you seek to marry another, and not your mate?”

She suddenly asked.

“My father coerces me to do so, in search of an heir. Or else, he would create the war we’ve been trying to avoid.”