A BIG Oops!

I am not a Special Forces warrior.

I proved that about five minutes or less after I found the path.

In the military, they refer to HUMINT and TECHINT; HUMan INTelligence and TECHnological  INtelligence. This designates information gathered by humans as opposed to information gathered throgh some form of technology. Any reports submitted in the intelligence sector of the military comes from one of these two sources.

Well, Becky and I were so focused on the TECHINT, we forgot about the HUMINT.

As soon as I found the path, I was so thrilled, I stood up and stepped onto the path.

Yes, that is right.

I stood up.

And at this moment several of you are shaking your heads and muttering about my being an idiot, and you are absolutely right.

I made one of the dumbest mistakes ever.

I was barely on my feet when I heard a rustle in the brush to the right front of where I stood. An instant later, two men appeared from the bushes, each with a nasty look on their faces, each in black combat gear, and each armed with assault rifles.

Assault rifles pointed at me.

I swear I heard Becky say, "oops..."

But I was already moving to get out of the line of fire, so I could be mistaken.

But he did say it!

I was off the path and into the woods in a heartbeat as I heard their rifles go off and bullets started to cut through the air around me. I dodged behind trees, ducked behind rocks, and did all I could to stay out of the sight as I made as quick an exit from the area as i could!

Yes, I know, "But, the bullets wouldn't kill you."

Yeah, but they still sting!

"I thought you could run really fast."

Yep, I can. But have you ever seen what happens to a bicyclist when they are going super fast, and they hit a rock, or something in the road? Yeah, they do cartwheels in the air and come crashing down hard. Not something I wanted to do with men carrying guns behind me!

"I thought you had really good night vision."

I do, when i focus on my sight. Not something easy to do when you are running from bad guys who are shooting at you!

And, I was concerned there were more men around with guns, even snipers maybe, who I could not see.

"Why not use the suit?"

Because I was trying to hide the fact that I was the guy in the suit!

So I ran and, when I reached an open area, I took off at full speed! I tore through the grass as fast as I could go, leaving a swath of torn up grass behind me as I dashed toward the far woods and tried to put as much distance between me and my pursuers as I could! 

Thankfully, they were all on foot, so I outdistanced them quite easily once I could run full out.

An hour later, I was back at my beachside house, sitting by my fireplace after a shower, mentally kicking myself for being such a fool, and wondering what my next move should be.

And mentally kicking myself for being an idiot.

By the way, did I mention I felt like a complete idiot?

*You must stop thinking that way, Jonathan.*

"C'mon, Becky, I was so stupid! I should have known better than to stand up on the path! That was a dumb, amatuer move and you know it!"

*Agreed. But, the reality is, Jonathan, you ARE an amatuer. You are very new to all of this are you not? Therefore, you must accept that you will make mistakes. What you must do, is learn from them.*

Wow, Becky with the solid counsellor talk!

Okay, learn from my mistakes. So, what was my mistake?

Standing up on the path.

Duh!

What could I learn from it though.

Not to stand up on the path, obviously. 

Another Duh!

But what else could I learn from it?

Well, I now knew there were  human gaurds along the path, as well as monitoring sytems. And, those gaurds were not your average run of the mill thugs. They had stayed quiet and still enough that neither Becky nor I saw them until they wanted us to.

That meant training. 

Military training.

Did that mean that members of the Manson's Children gang were part of the military? Or were they ex-military who had joined the gang? Or, did Senator Daddy use some off the books warriors for his own personal use?

Sadly, I had more questions than answers.

But I was learning from my mistake. Unfortunately, what I learnd only lent itself to more questions.

Back to doing research!

I searched the net, and Becky did his hacking thing. I drank coffee, and both of us worked off of the caffeine surge that I got from the Kona blend I was drinking. I Knew I was missing something, something that those gaurds made me think of, but I had yet to fully figure out what that was. 

But I knew it was key to what was going on.

*I have found something of interest.*

Spill it.

*That is an odd phrase. However, I understand what you mean. I can solve the issue of how the gaurds have military training; a dozen of them are former SEAL team members. It seems they recieved dishonorable discharges for issues of racism; refusing to be on a team with a person of colour, walking out of a room when a person of colour entered, using racial slurs around individuals of othe ethnic groups, and acting violently toward members of ethnic communities, particularly African-American and Jewish individuals.*

Okay, that explained how the gaurds were as good as they were. It also meant I would have to be very careful around these guys. I knew I could beat them, but they would be vicious in a fight! One did not become a SEAL by being a weakling!

OKay so 12 SEALS, 12 racist, white-supremacy, Aryan minded SEALS.

Yeah, just a little disturbing!

And this new fact made me wonder if they had friends on the teams who were also racist, but just better at hiding it. If they did, that potentially meant they had access to weapons of multiple types and differing levels of lethality. To say the least, that would be bad!

Wait.....

Access to weapons...

That meant.....

Becky came to the same conclusion as I did.

*Jonathan, this could be very, very bad!*

Look out
Helter skelter, helter skelter
Helter skelterLook out, helter skelter
She's coming down fast
Yes, she is
Yes, she is
Coming down fast

A chill went up my spine.

The clock was counting down.