75

75. Something Is Strange

With a fake smile, Chen Ming saw off the guest at the door. But after Liu Qi left, Chen Ming didn’t go to pack up as he previously said. Instead, he sat down in front of his computer desk, turned on his laptop and opened the search page. He tapped on the keyboard with his slender fingers and soon typed “Liu Ming” in the search box. Soon search options such as “Liu Ming’s Suicide” and “Liu Ming and Liu Qi” automatically popped up.

Chen Ming didn’t hesitate to click the latter.

Zhou Nan filled Chen Ming’s cup with newly made tea, slowly handed it, and rested his chin on Chen Ming’s shoulder, “What are you looking up?”

Zhou Nan was not sure but he felt that Chen Ming seemed to tilt his head slightly to get closer.

“I want to know how the brothers get along with each other.”

Tabloids were always crazy about such news. Not surprisingly, Chen Ming got plenty of search results, from any of which he could know something about the brothers. Chen Ming knew that such tabloids usually wrote exaggerated stories upon baseless gossips rather than facts as click baits. But what he wanted was not exact facts, and he only needed to know whether they got along well. It was a simple question of yes or no.

“Do you also think that Liu Ming didn’t die of suicide?”, Zhou Nan asked.

Chen Ming clicked and skimmed very quickly. From opening the link, capturing the key information, exiting to clicking the next, he finished the whole process in just a few seconds.

He soon found that all these articles pointed out that the brothers were opposite in character and thus easily came into conflict. As written in the articles, the younger brother was irritable and stirred up much trouble because of his short temper.

Finally, Chen Ming breathed a sigh of relief and stopped searching. He took a sip of his tea and answered meaningfully, “Now that his brother said that he died a violent death, how can I insist that it was suicide?”

All the coverage was reporting that Liu Ming committed suicide while his brother was asking a ghostbuster for help to help a person who died an unnatural death. It was the same as telling something was strange about Liu Ming’s death. Besides, the brothers had a bad relationship and recently were striving for succession, so almost certainly Liu Qi did something secretly without leaving any clue.

Zhou Nan was very smart and understood the meaning behind what Chen Ming said. He got up by leaning against Chen Ming’s shoulders and straightened up, “Should we call the police?”

“No.” Unexpectedly, Chen Ming refused it even though he had already seen through it all, “I just need to fulfill my duties, chanting scriptures and staying up for one night. Then I’ll get a hundred thousand yuan, isn’t it a cushy job? Liu Ming is dead, then why bother to call the police and spend a few hours to take a statement, when we are even not sure whether they could find out the truth?” After finishing his sentences, he crossed his fingers to observe the reaction of Zhou Nan with interest.

Zhou Nan was stunned, and it took some time for him to keep up with Chen Ming. He felt a little angry to find that Chen Ming was going to cover for the culprit,”Then what was the point of your research? Now you’ve known the suspect, but you decide to do nothing.”

Chen Ming anticipated this and said with no surprise, “At least I need to figure out that the ghost I’m about to help is a poor man who was brutally murdered by his brother.”

“You shall help him since you think he is a poor man.” Zhou Nan got so empathetic again that Chen Ming could almost see halo above him.

Chen Ming leaned over and rested his head in a hand, with a slight smile on his lips, “What do you think I should do to help him?”

Zhou Nan didn’t hesitate to say, “Bring the murderer to justice of course!”

Chen Ming also responded with no hesitation,”Even if the murderer could be his brother?” Zhou Nan was speechless. He paused deliberately to look at Zhou Nan’s reaction for a while before he continued, “Imagine if the person whom you call a murderer is arrested, the family and its company would be over by losing two heirs.”

“But…” Zhou Nan’s voice became lower as he lost confidence, “But you have a grudge against the family…”

Updates by sky novel. org
Chen Ming smiled and leaned back on his chair, “Then, do I call the police to help Liu Ming or to avenge myself? Are you encouraging me to harm the family making use of my job?”

Zhou Nan always believed that it was absolutely the right thing to do to call the police when finding a suspected murderer, but he seemed to be persuaded by Chen Ming’s absurd reasoning and fell into confusion.

“I’ll see what to do after I go to Liu Ming’s wake.” Chen Ming looked at Zhou Nan and asked patiently, “Your opinion?”

This was not an order but a request.

Zhou Nan suddenly realized that he was more than an assistant to Chen Ming, which delighted him a little. But actually from the beginning, Chen Ming had never concealed anything from him, and always answered the questions he asked. Did it mean he was important to Chen Ming?

Zhou Nan really thought carefully for a moment and nodded solemnly, “Okay, be sure to have a talk with Liu Ming’s ghost.”