77

77. Retribution

“Mr. Chen, this is my eldest brother’s room.” Liu Qi opened the solid wooden door and made a “please” gesture.

It seemed there was nothing particular. The whole room was spotless. The books in the bookcase were placed in order, and there was no excess clutter on the desk. All the furniture was normal.

After hastily looking around the room, Chen Ming walked out and smiled at Liu Qi. Obviously, he was waiting to be guided to the next room.

“Mr. Chen, this is…” No one knew whether Liu Qi really didn’t understand, or he was deliberately playing the fool.

Chen Ming could only make it clear: “May I see your own room?”

Liu Qi bit his lips and scratched his cheeks, hesitating for a while before agreeing.

His room was also of European simple design style and the furniture was the same as Liu Ming’s, but there was a lot of clutter which seemed to have been piled up casually without any classification.

It would take much time to check all these things. Chen Ming frowned and checked bit by bit.

Liu Qi was a little embarrassed, “I’m usually rather sloppy. Sorry for that. Shall I call a servant?”

Chen Ming suddenly reached out and signalled for him to be silent, thus their conversation was interrupted. His manners were so overwhelming that it seemed he was the host.

Zhou Nan looked over and found a small gold statue on Liu Qi’s bedside which looked like a big fat baby. In other words, it looked like a one-month-old infant.

There were so many tiny objects in the room, but Chen Ming hurriedly passed by. This gold statue was the only thing that he fixed his eyes on.

Liu Qi frowned and he was apparently panicky.

Chen Ming reached out and grabbed the head of the little gold statue, trying to pick it up. But he found it quite heavy, so he held it up with the other hand. He carefully studied the statue, sometimes rubbing the statue’s face and sometimes patting its naked butt.

“This little thing is so delicate.” HIs smile broadened , “It’s the same as a real baby.”

“You… If you like…”

“No, no, no, I don’t like it.” Chen Ming put the gold statue back, and he spoke slowly in a louder voice, “Something shouldn’t be kept. I’m not interested in what you’ve done with this statue. I’m just reminding you that tonight is the last night before the funeral. You’d better throw it away.”

There was no reason to stay in the room after he discerned the hidden clue. As he spoke, he returned, patted gently on Liu Qi’s shoulder and whispered, “I think even if I do nothing, what you have done will rebound upon yourself. I hope you’re prepared.”

Zhou Nan glanced at Liu Qi and found that he turned pale and his sideburns were drenched in cold sweat. He instantly realized something encouraging–the man’s secret was detected by Chen Ming.

“Then,” Chen Ming changed the subject as if everything that just happened was completely an illusion, “Mr. Liu, which room will I stay in with Zhou Nan?”

Updates by sky novel. org
At this time, Liu Qi leaned against the wall as if he had been seriously ill. He waved to the butler waiting aside, too weak to speak.

The butler understood tacitly and bowed to Chen Ming, “Let me take you to the hotel down the mountain.”

Chen Ming was a little stunned. Then he turned around and squinted at Liu Qi, and the latter immediately looked away, perturbed.

It was extremely simple to find a bedroom in such a grand mansion. Why did they arrange the hotel down the mountain for them?

Chen Ming looked down and turned back. Having thought for a moment, he decided not to directly ask the reason. Instead, he smiled politely and compromised, “Thanks.”