My Heart Beats Faster (Human! Piper x GenderNeutral! Human! Reader)

Requested?: Yes/No; Donatello-Girl

Type of story: fluff

Warnings: just some fluff in here

Word Count: 815

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life as an outmode was hard. Your parents have decided to give themselves up to upgrades, except for you, which left you alone in Bigweld City. With no one else left to care for you, you went to be a scrounger to survive.

That is until you met the Rusties that one fateful day...

As you went through the parts in the dumpster cans, you heard a voice box go off in Spanish. Your curious side getting the best of you, you followed the source and found some bots scavenging around the dumpsters. A blue-haired boy, the one who had the voice box, was running around as the sounds of Spanish kept going until the bigger green one caught him.

Feeling bad for the blue bot, you picked up another voice box from a trash can and approached them.

"Excuse me?" You said, catching their attention. "Sorry for me intruding, but here's another one for you."

You handed the blue robot the voice box. He excitedly took it from your hands and inserted it into his radio and began acting like a dog.

"That's no good. Give me that!" The yellow-haired one in a wheelchair tried to take it from him, only to wheel back when the blue robot growled at him.

You chuckled at his behavior and continued to look for more parts. A few moments later, a female appeared from a dumpster, holding something in her hands. You could have sworn your heart was running faster upon seeing her. Her brown hair was put up in two pigtails, leaving a few strands to stick to her face. Her eyes shone with delight as she examined the object she has in her hands. She was wearing a yellow short jumpsuit with matching socks and shoes.

"Whoa! Check this out! Who would throw away such a cute little doo-dad?" The girl examined the object, which turned out to be a little robot.

The robot squeaked terrified and hid behind his cover.

"Aww, don't be scared," she said to it.

Your cheeks grew hot, and a smile crept up on your face. You didn't think she'd be sweet...

Even when another robot with blue hair and eyes approached the group and the red robot that had his head broken started accusing him of attacking him, you still stared at her, your cheeks red. Your attention stayed on the brown-haired girl as she approached the baby blue robot.

"Alright, buster! You think you can mess with my big brother--" she faltered when she finally noticed you and blushed a bit. "You're...you're kind of cute."

Your cheeks grew more red, and you were left speechless.

"Piper, would you behave yourself?" The robot in the wheelchair told her unamused before he started to head off with the others. "Now, c'mon. Let's get Fender fixed...again."

"Here's your thingamabob," The brown-haired girl handed the robot back to the blue-haired man before facing you. "Oh, and by the way, the name's Piper. Rhymes with 'viper'." She hissed and turned to walk away with the others. "See ya around."

She fell down, yelping, but got back up and recollected herself. You chuckled quietly, your cheeks still red.

"Wow," you quietly sighed, not noticing the blue robot smirking at you.

It wasn't until you and the blue robot, who had introduced himself as Rodney, arrived at Jack Hammer's Workshop that you came across Piper and the gang again. Your cheeks turned rosy red again as you approached the group before you could stop yourself. They were arguing with Jack Hammer when he told them that they had to buy upgrades or risk being taken to the Chop Shop.

"No one's going to the Chop Shop!" Piper declared.

"That's right! What do you think we can get for him? Not that I've been thinking, but..." the wheelchair man whispered to Jack Hammer.

"Will you stop?!" Piper shoved him aside before grabbing the older man by the front of his shirt. "Listen, shiny pants! You get back there and find a part for my brother! We are not junk! We are not scrap! And we will not be treated this way!"

Your heart beated faster within your chest, your cheeks hot red.

"I'm sorry, I don't have the parts," Jack Hammer said.

"Well, do you have two washers, an S-spring and some fast weld? I can fix you easy," Rodney glanced at the red robot with a grin.

Diesel found a voice box in one of the part bins and inserted in the radio. "The Force is strong with this one," he stated in a Vader-like tone.

Your quiet chuckles caught Piper's attention. Your heart beated faster than before.

This is going to be an interesting adventure...